Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.0.2 jailbreak/downgrade into anything jailbreakable.

Default 4.0.2 jailbreak/downgrade into anything jailbreakable.
    Hello peoples! I know this has been asked a million times, but I'm looking to jailbreak a 4.0.2 3GS, or downgreade it so it may be jailbroken.

So here's the thing, this phone isn't mine; I'm doing it for a friend who isn't quite as tech saavy and who is selling her phone. From my understanding, her phone had been jailbroken before, but upon taking it to the apple store for repairs, was restored unto the 4.0.2 firmware. I believe she is giving the phone to someone on T-Mobile, so I need the jailbreak for unlock.

I'm not an Apple person, but I had done some jailbreaks back in the 2.0 and 3.0 days for friends and family, as I don't own any iProducts myself. Forgive me if my noobness shows, lol. I've been investigating for several hours now, looking for a jailbreak for this 3GS under 4.0.2. I tried downgrading by relocating the hosts file to Saurik's server, but I don't seem to be one of the lucky ones who magically have their SHSH blobs loaded for either 4.0 or 4.0.1.

However, seeing as the phone has been jailbroken before, I'm thinking there might be the remote possibility of having SHSH blobs stored for whatever version her phone used to be jailbroken on before it was restored to 4.0.2. How can I check this?

Also, I've read theres a jailbreak for 4.0.2 for those with the old bootrom. I checked for this, and fortunately the phone does seem to be one of the older models. But that solution seems to be only available for mac. Any news of a way to unlock a 4.0.2 phone using a Windows PC?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can donwload the latest tiny umbrella and click advanced option to see if you have any shsh blogs with Cydia, if you do then you can downgrade.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

napilopez (2010-09-12)