Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with ECID and tiny umbrella, please?

Default Help with ECID and tiny umbrella, please?
    I have found my ECID and am trying to enter it into tiny umbrella per the instructions:

1) Double click umbrella.jar
    2) Enter your ECID in the box provided
    3) Select Device Version from the list
    4) Select SHSH Repository from the list
    5) Click Submit

The ECID listed when I click on 'advanced options' is different (4127565061622 is listed) then the one I found in USB view (000003C1060C9DF6)? How can that be and which is the valid one?

When I went into USB view, I definitely copied the nos that were listed after it said "ECID".

Thanks again!

It's also defaulting to 4.02 when I open it up, do I replace it with the 3.1.3 listed on the drop down mendu?
    Last edited by dowdeva; 2010-09-09 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a bit confused...all you should need to do is connect your device by USB while TinyUmbrella is running, and your ECID will show automatically.

And yes, if you have 3.1.2 blobs saved on Cydia, you'd have to change the default to 3.1.2 in the Device/Version dropdown.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dowdeva View Post
    I have found my ECID and am trying to enter it into tiny umbrella per the instructions:

1) Double click umbrella.jar
    2) Enter your ECID in the box provided
    3) Select Device Version from the list
    4) Select SHSH Repository from the list
    5) Click Submit

The ECID listed when I click on 'advanced options' is different (4127565061622 is listed) then the one I found in USB view (000003C1060C9DF6)? How can that be and which is the valid one?

When I went into USB view, I definitely copied the nos that were listed after it said "ECID".

Thanks again!

It's also defaulting to 4.02 when I open it up, do I replace it with the 3.1.3 listed on the drop down mendu?
    It's just two different ways of expressing the same number (in primarily computer-used hexadecimal as opposed to the normal human-used decimal).

0x3C1060C9DF6 is the same value as 4,127,565,061,622. That's your ECID, either can be used in Umbrella. Your iDevice stores the value on the processor as hexadecimal and inserts the hexadecimal ECID value into every IMG3 file on your device for verification, but the request is sent to Apple in decimal form (and therefore Umbrella just grabs the decimal form).

You can also hover over the "ECID" field in Umbrella in advanced options, and a little box with the hexadecimal ECID will pop up.

Relax, TinyUmbrella is almost certainly sending out the right ECID to collect blobs for. It'll all be ok.