Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me Jailbreak this Iphone!!!

Default Help me Jailbreak this Iphone!!!
    Look guys I got this 3G Iphone its 4.0.2 I cant jailbreak it im using red snow I did download the 4.0 firmware from the site and that is what im choosing on redsnow, my problem is Itunes wont let me restore to 4.0 should I be using that some 4.0 file I downloaded? I tunes gives me an error saying it cant finish restoring 3194 I think.

Please Help: Chad
    PS, this is my first time jailbreaking an Iphone, is there something im missing?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Dude, why do you want to restore from 4.0.2 to 4.0, you can jailbreak your 3G at 4.0.2, use Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 and point to 4.0 ipsw when ask to browse to.
    You need soft shsh blogs for every OS 4 and above if you want to restore or downgrade when apple stopped signing the corresponding firmware.
    If you don't have shsh blogs for 4.0, then you can't
    However, you do not need shsh blogs for every OS 2.0 to OS 3.1.3 and you can restore anytime you want, and it will eventually end with or without an error

It is very likely now that your iphone is in recovery loop, if that is the case download the latest tiny Umbrella and use the function there called kick out of recovery.

By the way, 4.1 is going to be out this week, probably tommorrow that will fix all the bugs that slows down 3G performance and a new jailbreak will be out soon.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-08 at 02:18 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

chad daddy (2010-09-08)

When I point the 4.0 ISPW it says it cant be recognized or found or something like that. And im not sure I have this shsh blog you speak of, This Iphone has never been jailbroken before.

I figured I had to restore or downgrade or whatever then use redsnow cause when I try redsnow right away it dosent work.
    Last edited by chad daddy; 2010-09-08 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Running Redsn0w and restoring in Itunes are two different process. When you run Redsn0w you don't require shsh blogs, you only require the shsh blogs if you try to restore in Itunes.
    Since you are already at 4.0.2, you only run Redsn0w to jailbreak. If Redsn0w cannot find the 4.0 ipsw, then you have downloaded the wrong ipsw. Go to here to download your official firmware
    iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

Thanks, I am downloading the file from the site provided. It seems to be just like the other file I got from felixbruns are they the same?

Thanks

If the downloaded file is in .zip or .rar, do not extract, rename only the ext from .zip to .ipsw.

Is your iphone now at 4.0.2 and are you in emegency screen or Springboard screen ?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

chad daddy (2010-09-08)

Yes it is now at 4.0.2 And the file comes directly as a ipsw.

Im in my regular springboard screen.

Why won't redsnow read the file? I have downloaded several file types non seem to work.
    Last edited by chad daddy; 2010-09-08 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Why dont you grab the 4.0 ipsw from here on MMi's Downloads section instead and try that on Redsn0w? I always use files from MMi as I trust theyll always work fine.

I also downloaded a file from mmi didnt work someone help . please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chad daddy View Post
    I also downloaded a file from mmi didnt work someone help . please
    Have you you updated your net framework ?. There is no reason why Redsn0w wouldn't recognize the 3G 4.0 ipsw.

The problem is with your computer, I just ran Redsn0w0.9.5b5-5 and the 3G iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Restore , it detected right away once you point to it.
    You have two problems now, one is the computer not letting you run Redsn0w.
    Which leads to , unable to proceed with the jailbreak tool.

I suggest if you can't fix it, use another pc to perform the jailbreak with Redsn0w.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-10 at 06:23 AM.