Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does error 3194 means I don't have SHSHs files or what?

Default Does error 3194 means I don't have SHSHs files or what?
    I have tried everything and always get the same error 3194.. and when I check on cydia if I really have the SHSHs files on my iphone 3GS, it says I have from 3.1.3 up to 4.0.2. therefore, I cannot understand why I get this error.
    right now I have my hosts file like this:
    # localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

thanks in advance!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm having trouble seeing any problem with that. But perhaps you might be best using TinyUmbrella to download your SHSH locally, and use the TSS server in TU to serve up the SHSH to iTunes.

Odd that it's not working the way you have it, though.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Using the correct IP address would help

Here it is: 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

the first time I downgraded I did it with that one and worked haha but i have tried with everything without rest giving always the same error
    after 1000 times changing everything, I ended up having twice error 3002, and i saw that this meant that I would not be able to downgrade but i continued trying, and finally I dont know why, I have version 4.0.1

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Using the correct IP address would help

Here it is: 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    I have actually seen tutorials on the web use both of these for cydia's address. 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com or 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com. The one on Saurik's site is 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com but what is this other one I see being used as well?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    I have actually seen tutorials on the web use both of these for cydia's address. 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com or 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com. The one on Saurik's site is 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com but what is this other one I see being used as well?
    Not sure. I actually think the other one was the first one written in Saurik's article and that he then later changed it to the current one. But as I said, I'm not really sure. I just always go by the one from the current article.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Not sure. I actually think the other one was the first one written in Saurik's article and that he then later changed it to the current one. But as I said, I'm not really sure. I just always go by the one from the current article.
    They're probably both valid.

74.208.10.249 is cydia.saurik.com.
    74.208.105.171 is telesphoreo.org.
    Both IP addresses are in the same block (74.208.0.0/16), owned by the same host (oneandone.net), routed to the same place. WHOIS returns Jay Freeman as the administrative contact for both, same DNS, etc.

Anywho, yes, try it with Umbrella, and try the other IP address. 3194 errors are usually SHSH blob-related (either the server disallowing/not returning blobs for the firmware build or bad/missing blobs, heard both, can't isolate further).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

dustinog (2010-09-10)

Error 3194 is the infamous Signing error meaning that either the Mac is not seeing the Cydia IP address and is going straight to Apple which obviously will not want to sign any firmware other than 4.0.2(I have this funny feeling that on my Mac, whatever I do to the host file, both TU method and pointing it to Cydia will not work). Ended up doing all this thin on an XP machine.

Quote Originally Posted by azraeil View Post
    Error 3194 is the infamous Signing error meaning that either the Mac is not seeing the Cydia IP address and is going straight to Apple which obviously will not want to sign any firmware other than 4.0.2(I have this funny feeling that on my Mac, whatever I do to the host file, both TU method and pointing it to Cydia will not work). Ended up doing all this thin on an XP machine.
    I had a similar problem and solution, no matter how many times I tried to downgrade my 3GS, it wouldn't do it on my regular PC. Loaded all my firmware and TinyUmbrella on another PC and it downgraded without a hitch.

Default error 3194
    Dear,
    this happen with me also, and i've been stuck with this error for the last few days, finally i figure it out,
    first, make sure IPs in hosts file to be as following:

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    second, when you start TinnyUmbrella, and get your ECID, and past it there, then it will find your SHSH, before doing this .. click on RESET from TinnyUmbrella, there for inshalla your problem will end away, if not let me know.

My BR

Thanks
    This sounds just like what i went through so to save you the headache, make sure you that when you saved your "editted" host file ,that you didnt resave it as a .txt file. Make sure the host file is in its original file status.

HOpe it was something that simple and easy!