Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone Activated without the SIM - Gets Locked as soon as i put the sim in

Default Phone Activated without the SIM - Gets Locked as soon as i put the sim in
    heyyy i have a iphone 3gs version 4.0.1(8A306) Modern Firmware is 05.13.04. Okay so basically I went to one of the guys in my university who said he could help me to get my phone activated...he used a couple of sims which didnt work but after a few tries he finally got it activated....happy i came home...went to jailbreakme.com...jailbroke it and added the repo666.ultrasn0w source to cydia...now everytime i insert a sim (Rogers or Fido) the phone goes back to its locked screen and whenver i slide it i can only make emergency calls...but if i take the sim out the sliding makes it go to the homescreen and i can use it as a itouch (basically gets activated) how can i keep / use my phone while the sim cards still inside or why is it doing that

PS: i got this phone from Pakistan my dad got it from somewhere and i brought it to Canada if that helps

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Try this from Cydia, add this source : cydia.pushfix.info
    and install Hacktivation Patch.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

h,irtaza (2010-09-07)

Hi, now it wont get locked but every sim (i have tried Rogers and Fido) [Warid - Pakistani Sim] ..every sim i try it wont pick up...like it doesnt say NO SIM but theres only one bar and it doesnt pick up the carrier

nevermind got it - thank you so much
    Last edited by h,irtaza; 2010-09-07 at 08:32 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Good, enjoy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

h,irtaza (2010-09-07)