Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why does TinyUmbrella say I don't have SHSH files?

Default Why does TinyUmbrella say I don't have SHSH files?
    I know for sure I saved my SHSH files on cydia with this phone. I even recall it saying so at the top of the cydia home screen. Now I have upgraded to 4.0.2, but cannot seem to downgrade because "I don't have SHSH files saved".

Any ideas? Please help me.

Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Do you click on advanced in tiny umbrella and press save me shsh for the firmware you are trying to download to first?

Yes and this is what I get:

09/05/2010 11:47:56.988 Processing SHSH Request...
    09/05/2010 11:47:57.022 Asking CYDIA for SHSH blobs for iPhone4 4.0.1 (8A306)...
    09/05/2010 11:48:57.673 This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
    09/05/2010 11:48:57.677 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.0.1 (8A306) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Any chance that the request might have timed out? I've heard that sometimes Saurik's server can be a little slow to respond.

EDIT: No, it doesn't look like that...that response looks like the response from the Apple TSS server, passed through Cydia. Odd!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Cydia sometimes doesnt report or save them correctly. I had 3.1.3 and 4.0 saved, next thing you know one week later theyre gone. And for a month now I still have TSS pending in Cydia. Oh well :P

So using TinyUmbrella wouldve been a better option. Unfortunately if it says you dont have them, you dont. Try a downgrade and see if it works, if not then unfortunately Cydia didnt get to save them correctly.

Sorry, yes it is an iPhone 4. Is there a way to know if my SHSH files are saved on his server without using the actual phone?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

No just tiny umbrella as far as I know. if it is coming back with no SHSH it doesn't look like they were saved. There should be another jailbreak out soon after 4.1 so hopefully you don't have too long to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    No just tiny umbrella as far as I know. if it is coming back with no SHSH it doesn't look like they were saved. There should be another jailbreak out soon after 4.1 so hopefully you don't have too long to wait.
    I hope you're right. I miss my jailbroken phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BadTA View Post
    I hope you're right. I miss my jailbroken phone.
    I've seen lots of people with magic blobs for 3GS devices, but none for 4.

Save your blobs now, and DO NOT UPGRADE IF YOU NEED A SIM UNLOCK. (If you don't, I'd only upgrade after the jailbreak is released for 4.1 and not 4.0...)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@OP
    Did it specifically say you had 4.0.1 SHSH saved? The SHSH that gets saved on Cydia doesn't depend on which firmware you have installed. It depends on what Apple is signing at the time. What this means is that if you pressed the 'Make my life easier' button after August 23rd (or somewhere around that), then Cydia would only be able to get your 4.0.2 SHSH.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    @OP
    Did it specifically say you had 4.0.1 SHSH saved? The SHSH that gets saved on Cydia doesn't depend on which firmware you have installed. It depends on what Apple is signing at the time. What this means is that if you pressed the 'Make my life easier' button after August 23rd (or somewhere around that), then Cydia would only be able to get your 4.0.2 SHSH.
    It did say 4.0.1 SHSH saved.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BadTA View Post
    It did say 4.0.1 SHSH saved.
    Did you try to do a downgrade with your hosts file pointing to Cydia's server?

I have no idea why Cydia would say you had 4.0.1 SHSH and then TU not being able to grab it.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

im in the same boat

oh well.. 4.1 jb is almost done

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    @OP
    August 19th to be exact

16. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

dhamien (2010-09-09)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

forget to edit host file?