Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 3Gs ver 4.0.2 to ver 3.1.3 without SHSH

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Downgrade 3Gs ver 4.0.2 to ver 3.1.3 without SHSH
    Hi,

Im new to this site and to iPhone OS.

In brief, I installed the new OS a few months back, i was very naive to apple software and never thought it would ever break my iPhone!!!!

But after updating I noticed my loud speaker had gone very low, all settings are on max. Then I started researching and found it could be the speaker module in the phone, as it was just outside of warranty and the insurance company wanted 100 excess, I decided to get the part and fix myself. Installed the new bit today and still no joy, volume still really low.

So more searching and I came across a few sites including this of how to revert back to previous OS providing you saved the SHSH, WHAT never heard or knew of this!!!

So am I pretty much goosed now of trying to get back to a previous 3.1.3 OS if I havent saved the SHSH of when it was running 3.1.3 OS?

Think it may have to be a trip to a Apple store in Liverpool, cant use the phone with the speaker so low, dont hear phone calls etc

Any help appreciated,

thanks

Gaz

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burrows1980 For This Useful Post:

Julver (2010-09-06), Kdaferera (2010-09-06)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There is no way to get back down to 3.1.3 if you never saved your SHSH.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

Kdaferera (2010-09-06)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, at least that part of the earth has remained steady under our feet. Sorry to say, if you don't have a 3.1.3 SHSH saved, you're not going back to it.

How do you know if it was saves the SHSH or whatever

Download TinyUmbrella (latest version is 4.02.05)

Connect your iPhone.

Click on Advance Tab

Choose which SHSHs that you are looking for (i.e. 3Gs 3.1.3 etc etc)

Select Cydia-Saurik as the repository

Click on Save my SHSHs.

If Cydia has you SHSHs stored then you are lucky and can downgrade to that version. If not, then you are out of luck.

By the way, iOS4 has a volume issue. You need to turn off the EQ settings and set volume limit to Maximum.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by azraeil View Post
    Download TinyUmbrella (latest version is 4.02.05)

Connect your iPhone.

Click on Advance Tab

Choose which SHSHs that you are looking for (i.e. 3Gs 3.1.3 etc etc)

Select Cydia-Saurik as the repository

Click on Save my SHSHs.

If Cydia has you SHSHs stored then you are lucky and can downgrade to that version. If not, then you are out of luck.

By the way, iOS4 has a volume issue. You need to turn off the EQ settings and set volume limit to Maximum.
    Thanks azraeil.. Downloaded TinyUmbrella, but sadly this came up:

09/05/2010 15:28:09.734 Processing SHSH Request... 09/05/2010 15:28:09.765 Asking CYDIA for SHSH blobs for iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18)... 09/05/2010 15:28:59.437 This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 09/05/2010 15:28:59.453 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

Arse!! oh well, that'll teach me to update without researching first, never thought it would be so bad.

My mrs has the 3Gs but not updated yet, think I will save her SHSH first. I take it all I have to do is connect her phone when running tinyUmbrella and just click save SHSH? and this should save to Cydia?

Many thanks for the quick replys and help

Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by burrows1980 View Post
    Thanks azraeil.. Downloaded TinyUmbrella, but sadly this came up:

09/05/2010 15:28:09.734 Processing SHSH Request... 09/05/2010 15:28:09.765 Asking CYDIA for SHSH blobs for iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18)... 09/05/2010 15:28:59.437 This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 09/05/2010 15:28:59.453 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone3GS 3.1.3 (7E18) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

Arse!! oh well, that'll teach me to update without researching first, never thought it would be so bad.

My mrs has the 3Gs but not updated yet, think I will save her SHSH first. I take it all I have to do is connect her phone when running tinyUmbrella and just click save SHSH? and this should save to Cydia?

Many thanks for the quick replys and help

Gaz
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can only save SHSH files whilst apple are still signing them so at the moment the only SHSH you can save is 4.0.2 :-/ sorry mate I know it sucks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jameslfc5 View Post
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you can only save SHSH files whilst apple are still signing them so at the moment the only SHSH you can save is 4.0.2 :-/ sorry mate I know it sucks
    James is correct...there's no way to save a 3.1.x blob, as Apple doesn't sign those anymore.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burrows1980 View Post
    Hi,

Im new to this site and to iPhone OS.

In brief, I installed the new OS a few months back, i was very naive to apple software and never thought it would ever break my iPhone!!!!

But after updating I noticed my loud speaker had gone very low, all settings are on max. Then I started researching and found it could be the speaker module in the phone, as it was just outside of warranty and the insurance company wanted 100 excess, I decided to get the part and fix myself. Installed the new bit today and still no joy, volume still really low.

So more searching and I came across a few sites including this of how to revert back to previous OS providing you saved the SHSH, WHAT never heard or knew of this!!!

So am I pretty much goosed now of trying to get back to a previous 3.1.3 OS if I havent saved the SHSH of when it was running 3.1.3 OS?

Think it may have to be a trip to a Apple store in Liverpool, cant use the phone with the speaker so low, dont hear phone calls etc

Any help appreciated,

thanks

Gaz
    Install Volume Booster 4.0 from Cydia.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-09-06 at 05:49 AM.

With regards to the Missus 3Gs where she is still on an old firmware, will Cydia save her SHSHs if she Jailbreak her 3Gs and install Cydia? Will Cydia then ask her to make my life easier?

Thanks

I would say at least to check with TinyUmbrella to see if she's got SHSHs for 4.0 and 4.0.1. You may find they're there, despite the fact that it makes no sense that they should be.

There is this way, but unfortunately it does not work for 3Gs.
    I don't believe, that there is no way to do this, it's just not found yet how to...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eldar134 View Post
    There is this way, but unfortunately it does not work for 3Gs.
    I don't believe, that there is no way to do this, it's just not found yet how to...
    Trust every dev out there when they say that there is no way to downgrade to stock firmwares without SHSHs.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.