Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So randomly my 3gs 4.0.2 was able to downgrade to 4.0.1 without SHSH saved

Default So randomly my 3gs 4.0.2 was able to downgrade to 4.0.1 without SHSH saved
    Very weird thing happened. I have an iphone 3gs. It was upgraded to the newest version 4.0.2. I needed to unlock it so I searched for ways to downgrade it but of course none successful since no SHSH on file. However, I found a site that mentioned having the 4.0.1 files zipped into the 4.0.2 (they had a link to the ipsw) (downgrade iphone 4.0.2 without shsh | iPhone News, Help and Guides)

I tried the ipsw and it said it wasn't compatible. Then I tried the stock 4.0.1 ipsw and it randomly worked!!
    Anyone had something like this happened to them?

Thanks

method with my iphone 4 (4.02 outta the box) it didnt work read it only works with 3gs and r u sure ur SHSHs arent saved check with tiny umbrella theyer probably saved and u dont no it

i forgot to mention that once i downgraded i ran jailbreakme.com and i opened cydia and of course make my life easy icon popped up which mean for sure no shsh was saved...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asma123 View Post
    i forgot to mention that once i downgraded i ran jailbreakme.com and i opened cydia and of course make my life easy icon popped up which mean for sure no shsh was saved...
    Nah, that just means you can't see 'em yet. Use TinyUmbrella, and enjoy the surprise.