Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help Downgrade 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 on previous JB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Need help Downgrade 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 on previous JB
    I JB my 16gb iPhone 3GS about a month ago, but I thought I didn't like it at first, so I did a full restore with no problems. Now I've decided I would like to go ahead and JB again after seeing that there was more with JB than I had seen previously. I am pretty new to the whole jailbreaking thing and there's a few terms I am lost with [but I am not computer illiterate]. I'm not sure what SHSH's are and I am just hoping to find some instructions on how to deal with important stuff before I go ahead and downgrade.

Going through the forums, I couldn't seem to find the necessary threads I was looking for. I'm sure I've passed it up. Please correct me if I did.
    Thanks
    Last edited by NoXXi; 2010-09-03 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Title change

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NoXXi For This Useful Post:

Mararicubita (2010-09-03)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NoXXi (2010-09-04)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey, thanks I'll give it a go when I get home from work. I'll post any problems I have in the process if I don't seem to find any solution within any other threads.

I was able to downgrade to iOS 4.0 and not 4.0.1 because I could not find the firmware download for it. But that's fine. I do have a question that wasn't stated in the guide, though. Am I able to use the backup that I just synced before I downgraded? Or is that from iOS 4.0.2 and not allowed to do that?

Well, I'm pretty sure I was allowed to. I am restoring from my back up anyways because I have some pretty important stuff from it. Thanks for the Guide
    Last edited by NoXXi; 2010-09-04 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost