Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with shsh file (iphone 3g)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help with shsh file (iphone 3g)
    So I'm tired of using ios 4.xx on my iphone 3g, it breaks all functionality. Anywho, I managed to find the old shsh file from firmware 3.1.3. I threw it into the umbrella app and it magically backed it up on saurik's server. The only problem is it's telling me that it's an shsh file from the 3gs!

As you can see, the ECIDs for the 3g and 3gs are the same. That's because they were both generated from my iphone 3g...
    Anywho, so now when I try to restore using the 3.1.3 firmware, it spits back an error 1600. I'm assuming because it only has the shsh blob for the "3gs".
    I guess my question is: Is there any way I can modify that file to display it as a 3g shsh blob, or when the file was made, did it get all wonked up?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You dont need SHSHs to downgrade to 3.1.x on a 3G.

Error 1600 is a USB error. Restart your comp and while you do that change USB ports then put your phone into DFU when you open iTunes. Try it on a diff comp if possible if that doesnt work.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-31 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    You dont need SHSHs to downgrade to 3.1.x on a 3G.

Error 1600 is a USB error. Restart your comp and while you do that change USB ports then put your phone into DFU when you open iTunes. Try it on a diff comp if possible if that doesnt work.
    Really, I always thought 1600 errors were usually bad/corrupt firmware (usually from trying to restore a custom-made .ipsw from DFU mode rather than recovery).

Though if you're using a stock IPSW: run a SHA1 file digest against your IPSW. If you need assistance with that, just ask.

iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw (239,139,281 bytes)

SHA1: f5950afca546f93e281ba3cdb08bc0cfed7f0896

If you don't return the same value, your IPSW is probably bad. If you do, and you still get 1600 errors, try another USB port, and/or USB cord.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Really, I always thought 1600 errors were usually bad/corrupt firmware (usually from trying to restore a custom-made .ipsw from DFU mode rather than recovery).
    Hmm, that would make sense... I was trying to restore from my ancient cfw file. I guess because I wanted to preserve my ancient/valuable[?] baseband. But that doesn't make sense, considering that ultrasn0w probably has the 3.1.3 baseband update covered. Probably. Right?

All right! Downloaded the ofw and it worked like a charm! I don't know why I had to go and make it so difficult. Thanks for the help, much obliged!
    Last edited by MGOM; 2010-09-01 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Come to think of it I did get a 1600 error once with a custom fw. Some say its a USB error tho, im a bit unclear now lol.