Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! Cant downgrade 4.02 to 4.0.1

Default HELP!!! Cant downgrade 4.02 to 4.0.1
    I recently tried restoring my iPhone 3gs to 4.0.1 and ended up restoring it to 4.0.2. i dont have an at&t card to activate it either. Before this happened i saved my 4.0 and 4.0.1 shsh on cydia. is there anyway i can activate this phone and still downgrade to 4.0.1 to unlock and jailbreak it.
    Any help will be appreciated

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You don't need to activate it to downgrade. Just use one of the stickied guides at the top of the forum page or read the article by Saurik, which explains about SHSHs and how to use them. You can find his article here: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

okay. thnks alot. i got it downgraded to 4.0.1. but now i need it activated so i can jailbreak and unlock it. is there any way i can get around that
    Any help will be appreciated

You need an official sim card or the phone book sim card to activate iOS4.x,

Did you ever have firmware lower than iOS4 such as 3.1.2? This is the lowest version where the firmware can be hactivated via blackra1n. If you do remember having this firmware, then try downgrading down to 3.1.2. Once you have downgraded to 3.1.2, then you can activate it using blackra1n. Then, you can upgrade via the custom firmware method using Pwnagetool or sn0wbreeze to iOS4.

i did have 3.1.3 but i didnt save my shsh. Will those iphone avctivation cards on ebay work?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

They should work. To be safe tho you should still get the phone's official carrier SIM.