Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 108

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: PICS of CYDIA. downgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 wihtout saved shsh files. IT WORKS!

  1. #1
    Default PICS of CYDIA. downgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 wihtout saved shsh files. IT WORKS!
    This is response to the closing of the other post I made about downgrading without having saved shsh on file.


    Moderator:
    This thread is now closed. We asked for proof and got jerked around. We simply requested a screenshot of Cydia, both top an bottom, and got nothing. This would prove what the OP has claimed.

    I find it hard to believe that a community of seasoned jailbreakers have not been able to do this, yet a bunch of first time posters have.

    THIS HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN AND THUS IS A FAKE. STOP POSTING THINGS YOU CAN'T PROVE AND GETTING NEWB'S HOPES UP. IT DOES NOT HELP THE COMMUNITY./END


    WOW! The newbs that got their hopes up actually created an account to thank everyone that helped and to let us know that it worked! Was there any newbs complaining about the thread, or anyone saying that it didnt work?!?

    So the purpose of closing the thread was not having proof? Here is the proof and I hope everyone does this for the sake of reopening the thread.

    Honestly I can't believe the crap going on here. It's not our fault we were able to do this and not being able to explain it. What difference does it make to you guys(opposing) if people can actually use this and it works for them? Why would you take that away???

    Added link to OG thread.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-no-shshs.html

    For the record, after I initially downgraded and jb'd the wording on top of cydia said something like "this device has a request for tss" or something along those lines for a few days.
    Last edited by Dough Boy; 2010-08-27 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dough Boy For This Useful Post:

    dayzieruthy102 (2010-08-29), Koko513 (2010-08-27)

  3. #2
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Seriously give it up man. Your pics prove that your device has SHSH for 4.0 and 4.0.1 on cydia's server so when you edited your hosts files you pointed it to cydia's server which is why you were able to downgrade. So your title then and now are false, however you got them you DID have SHSH for your device.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-08-27 at 08:50 PM.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    soulthoughts (2010-08-27)

  5. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    Seriously give it up man. Your pics prove that your device has SHSH for 4.0 and 4.0.1 on cydia's server so wwhen you edited your hosts files you pointed it to cydia's server which is why you were able to downgrade.
    Why are you posting if you have nothing helpful to say?

    Initially this phone was never jailbroken or ever had cydia installed or ever had tinyumbrella or anything hooked up to it. I was a straight legit at&t iphone used by a older friend of mine that doesnt even understand what jailbreak is. He never messed with it, he used it legitimately with iTunes.

    There's a few that were able to do this with 3GS's brand new straight from a box factory sealed with 4.0.2 if I remember correctly.

    Also... of course it has the shsh files saved now after I jailbroke it. Why wouldnt I do that!? It was stuck with a pending request for a few days but it finally did it.

    I honestly don't know why you have to be such a debbie downer.
    Last edited by Dough Boy; 2010-08-27 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #4
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    You obviously have no understanding of how SHSH work. It doesn't matter if you are on 4.0.1 now, obtaining SHSH for a device for a particular firmware has nothing to do with what firmware you are on, it has everything to do with what firmware apple is signing at the time the request was made. We were asking for pics of cydia because if you were telling the truth then the top of cydia would NOT have said you have SHSH for 4.0/4.0.1 and the bottom would have said you were on 4.0.1. As for the few you talk about that also accomplished this miraculous feat that not even the dev team can achieve, some of the stories were so stupid and put on that it was quite obvious the same person was creating new accounts and making false posts about this, which I believe is a bannable offense.
    Now there are two options, either you are playing games with everyone and made this up and all those accounts which should be dealt with by a moderator, or you simply had SHSH all the time (who knows how you may have got them but you do) and just didn't understand enough about what was going on leading you to believe you did it without SHSH.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-08-27 at 09:04 PM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    soulthoughts (2010-08-27)

  8. #5
    You're right. I don't know how shsh files work nor did I ever claim I did. I posted all the details as far as when I got the phone and when I was able to downgrade. I think your out of line calling me a liar. I am on here trying to post results and help people out. I'm sure the dev teams primary focus isn't trying to figure out how to downgrade phones or how people are able to do it. They are peddling forward not backwards which is why you're doing.

    You are out of line saying that I am not telling the truth. You don't know me outside of this forum so you passing judgment like that says a lot about the kind of person you are.

    I'm sure mods or whoever runs this site can match up Ip addresses to figure out peoples location.

  9. #6
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    First of all nowhere did I call you a liar. Those are your words, not mine. Secondly if you read and understood what i wrote I said you were either making it up OR were just mistaken and didn't realize you had SHSH. It could very well be the second one which is fine. I passed judgement on no one so you calling what type of person I am into account is laughable. I try to help people where I can and my posts show that, when I see something that I believe is wrong I speak up so others won't make mistakes doing things as some mistakes with iphones can leave you with a long wait til the next jailbreak. I and various other longstanding members and a moderator found it odd with the claim you were making and all the new posters that were coming out of the woodwork saying it worked and giving us these crazy stories about what happened. In any case you are right on one thing, it is not up to me to pass judgement (and I haven't), I will leave that to the moderators, so the back and forth we have going on right now is over.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Maurizio28 (2010-08-27)

  11. #7
    Really? I made it up? How is that not insinuating I am lying?

    You like to help you say? You could start here by not being so negative. Take the help that people try to give without spitting in their face. You actually did the opposite of helping, you discouraged and took hope away for people to solve a problem.

    I found it odd that I was able to downgrade also but did I sit there and keep it to myself? I wanted to give back to help out and thats what I did. Maybe you are used to taking and not giving back which is fine, you could add that to the so called "things you believe in" list.

  12. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    503
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 78 Times in 62 Posts

    At least finally, you have posted a piece of evidence we asked for. And what this evidence shows is that you were in fact mistaken, and did not understand that somehow, in what ever manner it was accomplished, your 4.0 and 4.0.1 blobs were saved, allowing you to downgrade.

    It is important that you understand, and not put the cart in front of the horse, that your blobs were in fact saved BEFORE you downgraded. The opposite could NOT be true. When you downgraded, Apple was no longer signing either 4.0 or 4.0.1, so the SHSHs COULD NOT HAVE BEEN OBTAINED AFTER THEY STOPPED SIGNING.

    Apple is in fact the only source of original SHSHs, and Cydia cannot produce new ones after the fact. They can only save them and transmit them on request AFTER Apple generates them.

    What this means, most importantly, is that your initial claim of being able to downgrade without SHSHs was wrong. You cannot downgrade a 4 or a 3GS or an iPad or certain iPod Touch models without saved SHSHs.

    It is important for us to point this out in order to keep new iDevice owners from making serious errors due to incorrect information. Your intentions were very good, as all you wished to do was show the world that downgrading without SHSHs was in fact possible, which would have been quite the leap forward for the community. The only failings you had in this were that your understanding of the concepts was faulty, your methodology was sloppy, and your willingness to listen was lacking.

    I think you'll improve all of those things going forward.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

    dhamien (2010-08-28), soulthoughts (2010-08-27)

  14. #9
    Retired Moderator soulthoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,096
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 603 Times in 506 Posts

    You've only proven what we've been saying all along. If you made the claims without understanding so be it but when longtime members who have a history of jailbreaking say otherwise I'd go with them.

    You have to understand that this is a large community with a lot of members stuck on the newest firmware. We pride ourselves on having the most up to date information with many members having an inside scoop with the dev team. There's enough misinformation out there not to mention scams. We are simply trying to keep it factual.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

    Simon (2010-08-28)

  16. #10
    I have to say, after reading the other thread about this and wondering if it works but I did successfully downgrade my 3Gs that I bought just a few hours ago just now to 4.0.1 from 4.0.2. I didn't watch the whole youtube video of the guy.

    I did edit the host file and restore it in DFU mode and shift clicked the 4.0.1 firmware and it restored it and booted right up in 4.0.1. I didn't even have to use RecBoot to get it to boot back

    I know I'm not a person on here that has posted a ton to be considered "reputable" but I was able to downgrade without having any shsh blogs or being jailbroken before, checked with the old owner

  17. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    At least finally, you have posted a piece of evidence we asked for. And what this evidence shows is that you were in fact mistaken, and did not understand that somehow, in what ever manner it was accomplished, your 4.0 and 4.0.1 blobs were saved, allowing you to downgrade.

    It is important that you understand, and not put the cart in front of the horse, that your blobs were in fact saved BEFORE you downgraded. The opposite could NOT be true. When you downgraded, Apple was no longer signing either 4.0 or 4.0.1, so the SHSHs COULD NOT HAVE BEEN OBTAINED AFTER THEY STOPPED SIGNING.

    Apple is in fact the only source of original SHSHs, and Cydia cannot produce new ones after the fact. They can only save them and transmit them on request AFTER Apple generates them.

    What this means, most importantly, is that your initial claim of being able to downgrade without SHSHs was wrong. You cannot downgrade a 4 or a 3GS or an iPad or certain iPod Touch models without saved SHSHs.

    It is important for us to point this out in order to keep new iDevice owners from making serious errors due to incorrect information. Your intentions were very good, as all you wished to do was show the world that downgrading without SHSHs was in fact possible, which would have been quite the leap forward for the community. The only failings you had in this were that your understanding of the concepts was faulty, your methodology was sloppy, and your willingness to listen was lacking.

    I think you'll improve all of those things going forward.
    So here are the facts. And I called to confirm with my buddy that sold me the phone. He never intentionally saved any shsh files. He synced his phone every night and upgraded software as soon as it was available. He never jailbroke it, didnt mess with any kind of modification(tiny umbrella) on the iPhone.

    When he upgraded to a 4G he sold me his. When I got it the firmware was on 4.0.2 and all of his information was gone so I basically had a virgin iPhone on the later software which was 4.0.2.

    Jump to 8.21.2010 to when I made the now closed thread. I downloaded tinyumbrella, I saved shsh files using it while the phone was on 4.0.2, from there I did what I posted what I originally which was download 4.0.1 from the link I provided then did what the youtube video instructed me to do.

    Fast forward to right after I jailbroke the iphone, I logged into cydia to get updates and that is when I clicked the make my life easier link. Keep in mind this was after I went down from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1. So a few days passed and I would keep logging into to her(wife's) phone to check cydia and the top message kept reading "this device has a pending tss request" or whatever it says.

    I'm not too sure when it actually finally said, "this device has shsh on file" whats posted in the pic above. I'm pretty sure a week didnt pass. Way different from when I did my other 3GS, I got that one like in a day.

  18. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,824
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Unless Saurik has miraculously found a way to back up previous SHSH blobs on a phone that was not jailbroken on the previous firmwares then this simply is not possible. He wouldn't keep that sort of Easter Egg private either. You simply cannot get passed the verification process with the blobs to downgrade. Each phone has it's own unique encrypted blob. Your blobs were saved at 4.0 and 4.0.1 regardless what your friend says. Maybe even sooner. Unless Apple is slipping. What are the odds of that?

  19. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    You've only proven what we've been saying all along. If you made the claims without understanding so be it but when longtime members who have a history of jailbreaking say otherwise I'd go with them.

    You have to understand that this is a large community with a lot of members stuck on the newest firmware. We pride ourselves on having the most up to date information with many members having an inside scoop with the dev team. There's enough misinformation out there not to mention scams. We are simply trying to keep it factual.
    I completely understand what both of you are trying to say. Yes, having factual information is beneficial for everyone and now I'm glad that you are trying to make sense of it all. People that mod their phones know that things aren't always black and white and there is the possibility of errors. That's why this forum exist. The reason I am disappointed is because in the original thread you were claiming that I was posting fictitious information when in fact I wasn't.

    As a moderator when people post things that may possibly help other in forum made to do just that you shouldn't close the the thread but instead evaluate it and keep finding out information from people that have been successful. That way, we all as community, learn from other people. I don't expect you or anyone to have all the answers. But if we find solutions to problems without knowing the why then we have at least won a battle.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Unless Saurik has miraculously found a way to back up previous SHSH blobs on a phone that was not jailbroken on the previous firmwares then this simply is not possible. He wouldn't keep that sort of Easter Egg private either. You simply cannot get passed the verification process with the blobs to downgrade. Each phone has it's own unique encrypted blob. Your blobs were saved at 4.0 and 4.0.1 regardless what your friend says. Maybe even sooner. Unless Apple is slipping. What are the odds of that?
    I have no idea man, just read what the other guy just posted. He was successful with the original thread and this guy didnt just create an account, hes been registered since 07.

    I bet theres a bunch of other people that were successful and didn't bother posting results because they fixed their phones and went on their merry way. Thats what I used to do with this site at least.
    Last edited by Dough Boy; 2010-08-28 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dough Boy View Post
    So here are the facts. And I called to confirm with my buddy that sold me the phone. He never intentionally saved any shsh files. He synced his phone every night and upgraded software as soon as it was available. He never jailbroke it, didnt mess with any kind of modification(tiny umbrella) on the iPhone.

    When he upgraded to a 4G he sold me his. When I got it the firmware was on 4.0.2 and all of his information was gone so I basically had a virgin iPhone on the later software which was 4.0.2.

    Jump to 8.21.2010 to when I made the now closed thread. I downloaded tinyumbrella, I saved shsh files using it while the phone was on 4.0.2, from there I did what I posted what I originally which was download 4.0.1 from the link I provided then did what the youtube video instructed me to do.

    Fast forward to right after I jailbroke the iphone, I logged into cydia to get updates and that is when I clicked the make my life easier link. Keep in mind this was after I went down from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1. So a few days passed and I would keep logging into to her(wife's) phone to check cydia and the top message kept reading "this device has a pending tss request" or whatever it says.

    I'm not too sure when it actually finally said, "this device has shsh on file" whats posted in the pic above. I'm pretty sure a week didnt pass. Way different from when I did my other 3GS, I got that one like in a day.
    The bottom line is, you used stored SHSHs to downgrade. You can discuss how they got stored in the first place, but whether or not SHSHs were used isn't really debatable. You showed the proof of that at the beginning of this thread.

    As others have said, SHSH blobs aren't saved depending on your current firmware. It's entirely based on the device's ECID number which never changes. What that means is that the SHSHs weren't saved by you downgrading to a certain version. They were there all along.

    For you to get a better understanding of how firmware signing goes, I'll direct you to an article on the subject, written by Saurik who is the maker of Cydia. You can find that here: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

    The readme on the The Firmware Umbrella site is also a good read.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  21. #15
    I can't say for Dough Boy but I can say that my shsh blobs were not saved before, the previous user had ATT...restored it before I bought it never jailbroken. I didn't use Umbrella at all just changed the host file downloaded the 4.0.1 file and restored in DFU mode...

    I can take shots once I get everything setup. I didn't take a shot of it on 4.0.2 though..was to busy trying to downgrade it

  22. #16
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    503
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 78 Times in 62 Posts

    And I'll guarantee that every single person that has come along or will come along and say that they restored without saving blobs will absolutely have saved blobs. They may or may not know, just like you didn't know. But they have them.

    And since your methodology did not prove that you did NOT have blobs before the attempt, then the claim you have made cannot be proved.

    In the face of the knowledge and experience of this community, versus your admitted lack of understanding of these concepts, why would you still try to prevail? That would simply be a persistence of the aforementioned lack of willingness to listen I attributed to you earlier.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

    Simon (2010-08-28), soulthoughts (2010-08-28)

  24. #17
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dough Boy View Post
    I have no idea man, just read what the other guy just posted. He was successful with the original thread and this guy didnt just create an account, hes been registered since 07.

    I bet theres a bunch of other people that were successful and didn't bother posting results because they fixed their phones and went on their merry way. Thats what I used to do with this site at least.
    That does happen quite a lot. People that aren't aware that they had stored their SHSHs are able to downgrade by modifying the hosts file. The hosts file being key, as that's what tells us that they're using stored SHSHs.

    You should feel welcome to advise people to give it a shot because their SHSHs might be stored without their knowing, but making a thread that says you can downgrade without any SHSHs at all, isn't a very good idea because it simply isn't true.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

    Simon (2010-08-28), soulthoughts (2010-08-28)

  26. #18
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    503
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 78 Times in 62 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BCollins521 View Post
    I can't say for Dough Boy but I can say that my shsh blobs were not saved before, the previous user had ATT...restored it before I bought it never jailbroken. I didn't use Umbrella at all just changed the host file downloaded the 4.0.1 file and restored in DFU mode...

    I can take shots once I get everything setup. I didn't take a shot of it on 4.0.2 though..was to busy trying to downgrade it
    No, you can't say that none were saved. You can claim it, but I guarantee that you performed no tests to verify that none were saved on Cydia, nor did you make any evidence of such tests. You simply believe wholeheartedly that none were saved because of some superficial investigating you did.

    In summary:

    - No downgrades without SHSH
    - SHSHs can be saved without jailbreaking
    - You can discover if SHSHs are saved without jailbreaking
    - SHSHs can be saved even without having the firmware ever installed

    I think I should add this to my signature!

    EDIT: And what would having AT&T have to do with whether SHSH blobs were saved?!?!
    Last edited by Trooper Sam; 2010-08-28 at 02:14 AM.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trooper Sam For This Useful Post:

    dhamien (2010-08-28), soulthoughts (2010-08-28)

  28. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    No, you can't say that none were saved. You can claim it, but I guarantee that you performed no tests to verify that none were saved on Cydia, nor did you make any evidence of such tests. You simply believe wholeheartedly that none were saved because of some superficial investigating you did.

    In summary:

    - No downgrades without SHSH
    - SHSHs can be saved without jailbreaking
    - You can discover if SHSHs are saved without jailbreaking
    - SHSHs can be saved even without having the firmware ever installed

    I think I should add this to my signature!

    EDIT: And what would having AT&T have to do with whether SHSH blobs were saved?!?!
    I was just stating that he had ATT so he had no reason to jailbreak which is what he told me...now if I were to boot up Umbrella it would verify my shsh blobs correct if there were actual ones loaded somewhere?

  29. #20
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,824
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    We all wish this were possible. The only reason this verification process was created was to put a thorn in the jailbreak communities side. It is what it is though and fortunately we have some great minds on our side of the fence to balance the scales.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •