Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PICS of CYDIA. downgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 wihtout saved shsh files. IT WORKS!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PainWizard View Post
    Experts,

I did the downgrade 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 without saved SHSH blobs, here is the proof. I kept TinyUmbrella running the whole time. I have screenshots of the whole log during the upgrade, but this one shows everything you need to see for proof.

I did it in these steps:

1) Read Doughboys post, didn't really believe him (sorry Doughboy!), but given my iPhone is brand new and I have really nothing to lose I gave it a shot

2) Downloaded both TinyUmbrella and 4.0.1 firmware from this site

3) Followed all instructions exactly as they are in the video

4) Went into iPhone JailbreakMe

I don't have a theory how this worked but I can guarentee there are no SHSH blobs saved for me; look at the screenshot.

If you want me to provide additional proof or help figure out how this worked I will be happy to.

(PS. If you want me to take SS of my iPhone I need instructions on how to do this....)

Gr8 first post but still not credible..I can shop that image and put my udid and info easily....so....
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-08-29 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xdethrok View Post
    So, I've been trying to find a way to downgrade my iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) for a few hours now, until I was lying down in bed and decided to Google on my phone. I stumbled on to this thread and started reading the replies, and I got curious, so I checked out the original thread.

Now, I realize that this is my first post, but the whole reason I registered is to try and figure out how my downgrade just worked.

What I did first was download Tiny Umbrella. I did what someone (I forgot who it was, and it's too late for me to bother to look back at the replies) said to check and see if the SHSH blobs were saved to the Cydia server. Tiny Umbrella told me that it had successfully saved my blobs for both 4.0 and 4.0.1, which means that they weren't there, correct?

Anyways, the restore just finished. I used the firmware for 4.0.1 and lo and behold - my phone is now saying that I'm running on 4.0.1. Now, I'm not sure if from saving the SHSH blobs whilst on 4.0.2 means that I'm actually on 4.0.2, but my phone is saying 4.0.1.

In order for me to continue - I'm just hoping someone can answer this for me: iTunes is asking me if I'd like to restore a backup or set it up as a new iPhone. Which option should I choose?

And another question - what if I am actually running on 4.0.2 and I attempt to visit JailbreakMe's website? Will it be able to recognize that I'm not really on 4.0.1, or will it attempt to jailbreak and harm my phone?

[EDIT] Oh, and before anyone asks: My phone is barely a month old. I purchased it myself from the AT&T store when I transferred over from T-Mobile. I have never attempted to jailbreak my phone and I have only used the iTunes store to get my apps and music. [/EDIT]

[EDIT x2] I just loaded up Tiny Umbrella and it is recognizing my phone as running 4.0.1. [/EDIT]

[EDIT x3] Due to the fact that I'm incredibly tired, I just went ahead and restored the backup which was saved from a few days ago, as I'm terrible at syncing. I am going to be attempting to jailbreak my phone now. [/EDIT]

[EDIT x4] My backup has completed. iTunes recognized my phone immediately as 4.0.1 and asked me to update. (http://i35.tinypic.com/30w15jo.png) As of right now, it is installing all of my apps and music again. If this actually somehow worked to downgrade my phone, I will attempt it tomorrow with my father's phone and try to take photos during every step of the process. His phone is also upgraded to 4.0.2 and he thought we were stuck until a new jailbreak was released. [/EDIT]

[EDIT x5] JailbreakMe.com. (http://i36.tinypic.com/beyqgy.png) I did not receive the message telling me that I couldn't jailbreak my phone. Oh, my gosh. The jailbreak really did work. I am glad I decided to stay up and risk my phone for this. As of right now, Cydia is telling me that my device has a pending TSS request. (http://i36.tinypic.com/301ev6s.png) Personally, I have no idea what that means. As I said above, I will check up on this thread tomorrow and look at any questions. I will be attempting to do the same with my father's phone. [/EDIT]
    So you were never on 4.0.1 before you attempted this downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Gr8 first post but still not credible..I can shop that image and put my udid and info easily....so....
    Also that is a modified tiny umbrella, not a original.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-08-29 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willzoom_est1988 View Post
    So.. go try it
    Don't need to try...mymshsh are backed up I'm good

My phone is new read posts properly

Thanks

Ok I never said it wasn't new so make sense and stop with this lil girl attitude u have....it's annoying as much as this thread is...

My serial starts with 87015yuc... Can't be refurbed

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

All of this is actually really simple. If a downgrade is possible without using stored SHSHs, then there's no need to edit the hosts file. Why would there be? You're not getting anything off of Cydia's server, right?

Unless of course Saurik has found a way of making SHSHs, which I find hard to believe. The Dev Team is always quite open about what they're doing and there'd be very little to gain by not revealing it.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

jkmonkey (2010-08-29)

Thanks

This thread is being closed for the lack of "REAL" evidence (sorry but someone with their first post that just joined saying it works is not credible....especially with images that can be shopped) it is misleading a lot of people and confusing the scene...also when members ask for proof they get childish attitudes of with the whole "ahuh yea my mommy said so" responses...bring some hardcore evidence and then it's worth it...other then that, gr8 that it worked for you but since there isn't a real procedure , just "it worked for me, dunno why it didn't work for you" isn't enough to really follow or go by.....thank you and enjoy the rest of the forums....

A member has added that:

Painwizards screen shot wasn't photoshoped, but it was still fake. TU was showing a 3GS connected, but it was trying to pull shsh's for an iPhone 4. That's why it said it couldn't grab the shsh's.
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-08-29 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

dhamien (2010-08-29), jkmonkey (2010-08-29), Simon (2010-08-29)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456