Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PICS of CYDIA. downgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 wihtout saved shsh files. IT WORKS!

Thanks

So why not send all the thanks people to repost their thanks on this thread? I don't think it's as easy as you make it seem cuz people like the dev team would have caught up on this or even websites that charge for jailbreaks would have found this method an sold it...it's ok if u want 15 minutes of fame but what hurts more is when they find out your fraud...then ur gonna have to disguise yourself with another name

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Your original pictures prove you had shsh blobs on file so why are you still trying to claim your don't need them?! Also if it says "pending tss request" that STILL means they're saved, just that the server has not finished caching them yet.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd like it if these members who claim to have done it with OTB iPhones would post screenshots of their info page. I wanna see some recent production weeks before I waste anymore time debating this.

Here's the example from my phone for those of you who are incapable of understanding what I mean.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -serial.png  

Oh my god read my initial upload ( top of page 4) I obviously didn't need them because I've never had them!! Aaargh this is well annoying!
    Last edited by willzoom_est1988; 2010-08-29 at 04:52 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willzoom_est1988 View Post
    Oh my god read my initial upload ( top of page 4) I obviously didn't need them because I've never had them!! Aaargh this is well annoying!
    Use the Post #, not top of page 4. I, like a lot of users, have changed the settings to allow the max (40ish) amount of posts per page. This thread is only 2 pages long for me.

Thanks

I want a screenshot of cydia saying your on 4.0.1 and you don't have your 4.0.1 shsh files saved.

Ooh get you movin slightly off subject get over it man it works an ya just pissed off that it is actually that ****** EASY!!!

Thanks

I have an iPhone 4 with 4.0.2 OTB and tested it and it doesn't work.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

What DOES work, and Dough Boy himself has agreed to this, is that when people set up to downgrade their iDevices according to the instructions Dough Boy indicated with the video he linked to, they were successful.

It was just poor understanding and a lack of scientific rigor that led all of them to think that because they succeeded meant that they had to be right, we had to be wrong, the blobs were dead, long live the blobs!

Kind of like "two plus two equals...um, what?"

Every single one that has succeeded has in fact had blobs. Every one that actually put up the information we asked for had blobs.

They ALL had blobs, whether they knew it or not.

Of course for many, there's the question of how. But that's a question for an entirely different investigation, and not one that particularly interests me.

Because the new exploit patch recognised a number assigned to every device that was currently not used, this number automatically assigns each device with their own blobs as default backup factory settings it's was just a case of apple assigning this blob to the device code and creating the verification process, this was the 4.0.2 patch.

Thanks

Because the new exploit patch recognised a number assigned to every device that was currently not used, this number automatically assigns each device with their own blobs as default backup factory settings it's was just a case of apple assigning this blob to the device code and creating the verification process, this was the 4.0.2 patch.
    Preposterous. Now you're saying that Apple is working hand-in-hand with the Dev Team, and handing them a freebie.

No read it again

Thanks

I tried, but that was as close as it came to English. After that, I need a Gibberish translator.

Apple have fixed the exploit now with 4.0.2 but if you downgrade then the process is simple because everything is already their and the new verification doesn't need to take place!

Thanks

Apple have fixed the exploit now with 4.0.2 but if you downgrade then the process is simple because everything is already their and the new verification doesn't need to take place!
    Okay...um, no. The verification has taken place since 3.0. Blobs have been required for the 3GS since then.

4.0.2 only patched up the PDF exploit hole in Mobile Safari.

Mate is not my fault you don't understand is it now?

Thanks

Well, it's not your job to hold my hand to lead me through what you're saying, no. If I don't get it, I don't get it, and we move on.

But I don't THINK you're right. But that's just my uninformed opinion.

We will agree to disagree

Thanks

I can live with that, Mr. Willzoom!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast