Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PICS of CYDIA. downgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 wihtout saved shsh files. IT WORKS!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Did you buy the phone brand new? Not second hand or refurb from the Apple store or any other store?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

If you ever tried to downgrade before by editing the host file to cydia's server, that gets cydia to start saving for you. For example if you tried to downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 by editing your host file. Even if the downgrade was unsuccessful cydia would've grabbed your shsh's for 3.1.3. And also save them for all following fw's.

BCollins. I'd save the SHSHs file locally and keep it somewhere safe. In my case, doing the local server downgrade were successful but pointing the host file to Cydia didn't work.

lame

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll happily agree that newer users looking to downgrade should indeed check Cydia through TinyUmbrella to see if they might be lucky enough to have blobs saved. Whether they've actively saved or not, luck could be on their sides when they check.

I would not, however, recommend that they do all the setup to downgrade and possibly disable their iDevices as a means of checking. Do it with TinyUmbrella, as that's safe, and will tell you if you can proceed or not.

I am using an iPhone 3GS NEW BOOTROM running IOS 4. upgraded to 4.0.2 accidentally and NEVER JAILBROKEN before. Your solution worked perfectly and I did NOT have any errors!! So in summary no shshs or anything stop hatin this guy he's trying to help you lazy people who can't be bothered to simply try it and follow the instructions religiously!!
    THANK YOU -{)~

Ps my phone has never had cydia before so It could not have ever previously saved any shshs files it just works man!!

Pps I did this on sat 28th august today!!!!!!
    Last edited by willzoom_est1988; 2010-08-29 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

How has reading comprehension fallen so far for so many?

Willzoom, I DARE YOU to go back and read my posts, and follow MY instructions to confirm that you do, and did in fact have SHSHs on file on Cydia.

I couldn't care less that you've never jailbroken that device. I couldn't care less that NOBODY has ever jailbroken that device. I have stated it clearly, time after time in this thread and others, JAILBREAKING IS NOT A CONDITION OF SAVING SHSHs ON CYDIA!!!

- Get TinyUmbrella, connect your iPhone and run it
    - Click the "Advanced Options" check box
    - In the "Device/Version" dropdown, select "iPhone3GS 4.0.1 (8A306)" Repeat for "iPhone3GS 4.0 (8A293)"
    - Click the "Save my SHSH" button.

If it says anything other than "SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved!", I'll eat my freakin' hat, okay?

I don't know what your on about man I'm new to all this and haven't even got any umbrella programme! I upgraded then downgraded it using the firmware provided.
    I know you don't need shsh to jailbreak but thought you needed it to downgrade, so my question is how could Cydia have mine saved on file??
    Last edited by willzoom_est1988; 2010-08-29 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks

Yes. And you did it with a saved SHSH from Cydia. Glad it worked for you.

Fair enough like I said a mate only told me about all this mint **** you can do yesterday so I'm learning dude!! I'm still unsure because I only got Cydia once I had actually jailbroken my iPhone and at the moment it says there is a pending TSS request for this device

Thanks

If you download TinyUmbrella found here: The Firmware Umbrella

...and then follow the instructions I wrote in my previous post, you can find out what SHSHs you have saved on Cydia without waiting for it to display.

I've never used cydia before. I don't know why it's not workin for some people an others get errors and mine is fine? Can you explain this dude?

Thanks

That's the one thing we can't explain. But for everybody who has claimed that they've done it with no SHSHs, and then gone back for an inspection per our instructions after that fact, they all did in fact have them.

The very fact that you did succeed in downgrading can indicate only one thing, and that's not that some inexplicable miracle took place. That one this is that SHSHs were saved on Cydia for your device. It doesn't take having the device ever jailbroken, or you having ever seen Cydia. However it happened, it did, and there's at least one SHSH saved and waiting on Cydia for your device.

Follow my instructions and check. You'll find it there.

Ok. So is one saved for every device?

Thanks

No. It must be actively done, through one of three methods.

1. Press "make my life easier" in Cydia
    2. Use TinyUmbrella to do so
    3. Connect to iTunes with the hosts file edited to point at Cydia and try to downgrade.

Now, even if you did none of those things before the 28th, that's no guarantee that somebody did, somewhere. We have several reported instances of brand new out of the box devices inexplicably having SHSHs saved on Cydia. We can't explain that, because we haven't followed those devices through their entire chains of custody. But the fact that they had saved SHSHs was undeniable.

We can immediately discount the erroneous notion that the attempted downgrade conducted on the 28th in fact caused Cydia to save 4.0.1 blobs. Why? Because we can independently confirm that said blobs can't be obtained from Apple today, because Apple doesn't sign them anymore. This can be proven through testing.

So, bottom line, you had blobs. You didn't know it, but you did. Be glad, because if you didn't, you wouldn't be here happy to explain that it had worked, you'd just be sad that your iPhone couldn't be jailbroken right now.

I did press make my life easier after on cydia thanks for all your help matey

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    No. It must be actively done, through one of three methods.

1. Press "make my life easier" in Cydia
    2. Use TinyUmbrella to do so
    3. Connect to iTunes with the hosts file edited to point at Cydia and try to downgrade.
    I know it must be driving you crazy trying to figure out how this could happen despite no one doing any of the methods you posted. With that said... anyone looking to downgrade, without knowing whether you do or do not have shshs files saved from the methods posted by Trooper. Just try the method I posted. It works! If you notice people haven't came in on any of these post to say it hasn't. At least people with 3GS's anyway.

I have an inbox full of private messages from people thanking me for posting the original thread because it worked for them.

I think Because apple released new software cydia mustve automatically saved all previous ****. An because I edited the hosts temporarily it was tricked into letting me downgrade.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to willzoom_est1988 For This Useful Post:

Dough Boy (2010-08-29)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Private messages huh? That and a bunch of noobs... Not one single trusted or long term member has backed you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Private messages huh? That and a bunch of noobs... Not one single trusted or long term member has backed you up.
    A long term member from 07 posted to let us know that he was able to downgrade... in this thread actually.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast