Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PICS of CYDIA. downgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 wihtout saved shsh files. IT WORKS!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes. Run TinyUmbrella. Connect your device. Click the "Advanced Options" box. Make sure that Cydia is the selected source. Select the firmware version (for your device!) you're checking for in the "Device/Version" box. Click "Save my SHSH". Take a screenshot of the result. Report back to us.

Mine didn't work at first when I edited the file but I put in the # in front of the number and when I took that out it worked correctly. Isn't there a way to show what blobs are saved for the device?

I'm not trying to tell any of the "higher powers" of the iPhone community that their wrong, just stating the fact that I was able to downgrade without any knowledge of shsh blobs being backed up if they were even there in the first place. Cause I have only owned this phone for about 4 hrs myself. If there is anything I can show or do to verify this please let me know and I will gladly do that but attacking people for saying that the method does work is not the way the community should do it.

I have been a long time BlackBerry user on other forums so my rep here isn't that big but feel free if you'd like me to verify my other accounts on forums to show my status on there rather than just a random person just joining to put his two cents in. (Theme Addiction @ CrackBerry.com, BCollins521 @ HowardForums, as well as BCollins521 @ BlackBerryForums.com)

This work? Should I choose 4.0.2 as well? Or anything lower?

Last edited by BCollins521; 2010-08-28 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

No one is attacking anyone. Don't take it that way. You said you got the phone from a previous user?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    No one is attacking anyone. Don't take it that way. You said you got the phone from a previous user?
    Yep bought it locally through Craigslist..White 3Gs 16GB with 4.0.2 on it when I picked it up from him

Thanks

Like captain chaos said, no one is attacking anyone. At least we aren't. We are simply arguing a known, fact based idea. The OP even proved it with his screenshots.

You should read some if the white papers on jailbreaking to see the complexity of it. I'm sure if it were that easy, some of the great minds on the dev team or geohot would've found it.

And having AT&T as your carrier dies not mean there is no reason to jailbreak. I have AT&T. I jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Like captain chaos said, no one is attacking anyone. At least we aren't. We are simply arguing a known, fact based idea. The OP even proved it with his screenshots.

You should read some if the white papers on jailbreaking to see the complexity of it. I'm sure if it were that easy, some of the great minds on the dev team or geohot would've found it.

And having AT&T as your carrier dies not mean there is no reason to jailbreak. I have AT&T. I jailbreak.
    Trust me I know many AT&T users that jailbreak, I'm just saying that's what he told me as far as not jailbreaking...now is the screenshot ok or is there more that should be done? From what it looks like I just backed up my blobs just now and that was it..should I chose another OS?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BCollins521 View Post
    Trust me I know many AT&T users that jailbreak, I'm just saying that's what he told me as far as not jailbreaking...now is the screenshot ok or is there more that should be done? From what it looks like I just backed up my blobs just now and that was it..should I chose another OS?
    The screenshot is fine for showing that your SHSHs were already stored on Cydia. Not sure if you're trying to show anything besides that.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

BCollins521, thank you! Exactly what I asked for, in a VERY timely manner!

So that shows clearly you have 4.0.1 blobs saved for the device. You asked if you should go lower? Please do. See how far back they may be saved. Not for us, in this case, but for YOUR knowledge. Every one you have, you can successfully roll back to.

And yes, go ahead and pull the one for 4.0.2. It's unlikely that you'll ever need that one, but it costs nothing to save it, and who knows?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BCollins521 View Post
    Yep bought it locally through Craigslist..White 3Gs 16GB with 4.0.2 on it when I picked it up from him
    So it is possible that it was jailbroken and then wiped through an update before it was sold to you.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    So it is possible that it was jailbroken and then wiped through an update before it was sold to you.
    Could be possible but he said he wasn't jailbroken and when I was talking to him about buying it I told him not to restore to 4.0.2 due to the fact of me needing the 4.0.1 to unlock for T-Mobile

And here's 4.0.2....so it looks like the 3.1.2 was not but the others were?

Last edited by BCollins521; 2010-08-28 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the links, I'll read up on them. At this point I don't care how it worked... I'm just glad it did.

And for reference anyone coming to this looking to downgrade from 4.0.2 and not have ever saved shsh's(on purpose or accident) should try the method posted in the thread I made(now locked). Maybe they will get lucky, maybe they won't. Let's at least give them the opportunity to try. And not just give them a flat "NO, IT WONT WORK"

Mods are more than welcome to change the title of the thread to something more appropriate or unlock it so I can.

Lets give people a fighting chance here at least.

I'm on 4.0 never been on 4.0.1, and I have 4.0.1 SHSH saved what does that mean

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

On that note I think we should bury any animosity. If I came off as attacking I do apologize, that was not my intent, just glad we figured out how you downgraded if not how you got your SHSH. A title change would be welcome as all it would take for someone to see if they have SHSH for their device, even if they think they might not have it, is to check under advanced in tiny umbrella.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    I'm on 4.0 never been on 4.0.1, and I have 4.0.1 SHSH saved what does that mean
    It just means that cydia automatically backed up your 4.0.1 SHSH when apple was still signing 4.0.1. You only have to press the make my life easier once then cydia will do it automatically for you for firmwares after that.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-08-28 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I do have a question when it comes to downgrading...do the shsh blobs need to be locally saved for it to downgrade? Or does when the computer/laptop is connected to the web does that connect to verify the shsh blobs?

Thanks

If you save them locally with tiny umbrella and then run the server you don't have to be connected to the internet. If you edit your hosts files to point to cydia and restore that way then you do have to be connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    If you save them locally with tiny umbrella and then run the server you don't have to be connected to the internet. If you edit your hosts files to point to cydia and restore that way then you do have to be connected to the internet.
    Ok so is this "74.208.105.171" point to cydia?

Thanks

I believe it is 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com for cydia, but he may have more than one server so that may be a valid one too.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-08-28 at 04:02 AM.

i have this too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Make sure there is not a # before it.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Ok all I did what what was asked of me,and I used tiny ubrella and selected my phone a 3gs and tryed to save shsh at 4.0,4.0.1 and 0.2 and it did save them.My cydia screen always said the were on file.But I couldnt understand why UB only had the .0.2.So now thay are all there,But I cant explane why!I never did the brella save till this week and was on .0.2.
    Maybe a mircale or something but It Worked!!I dont belive this thread sould be closed,and if others follow let them try and post there results.
    If there is a way to prove it works on video lets ask for proof from a person willing to try it.I not sure of the way but let the experts on this fourm list the rules.
    DoughBoy and about 10 others,me included did it somehow,lets keep letting others try.(what do thay have to lose?)
    1Slyguy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast