Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Never been jailbroken 3GS 4.0.2 looking for jailbreak?!

Vancouver Island, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks

Default Never been jailbroken 3GS 4.0.2 looking for jailbreak?!
    I really need help. Ive been all over the internet for days and am so sick of trying to figure this out. I am a frequent jailbreaker with plenty of experience but I am so fed up with trying to figure this out.

I just got myself a new 3GS 16 GB (old boot rom, i think..) running 4.0.2 and really need to jailbreak or downgrade! is this possible?

I just got the phone and the guy who i got it from has never once jailbroken it on any firmware before so can i still downgrade or jailbreak? please help me! THANKS!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thelongamer For This Useful Post:

Tecnopolo2010 (2010-08-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thelongamer View Post
    I really need help. Ive been all over the internet for days and am so sick of trying to figure this out. I am a frequent jailbreaker with plenty of experience but I am so fed up with trying to figure this out.

I just got myself a new 3GS 16 GB (old boot rom, i think..) running 4.0.2 and really need to jailbreak or downgrade! is this possible?

I just got the phone and the guy who i got it from has never once jailbroken it on any firmware before so can i still downgrade or jailbreak? please help me! THANKS!!!!
    If it's already on 4.0.2 and you're certain you have no 4.0.1 or lower SHSH blobs backed up, there's no way you're going to be able to jailbreak it right now, sorry.

Vancouver Island, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks

ohh ****..

what about downgrading? I have jailbroken my old 3G on 4.0 but i don't think it works that way does it?

Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thelongamer View Post
    ohh ****..

what about downgrading? I have jailbroken my old 3G on 4.0 but i don't think it works that way does it?

Thanks.
    It does not work that way; each signed SHSH blob contains your one device's unique ECID. Without that specific ECID in the blob, your device with that specific ECID can't use it.

Sorry man. Comex tells us that 4.1 rhymes with fun for all that's worth (aka, there will hopefully be more jailbreaks in the near future, but I cannot guarantee it).