Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just downgraded to 4.0.1 from 4.0.2 on a device thats never been jb so no shsh's

Thanks

You have proven nothing. Show us cydia. You hbe also pasted your phone number on the Internet.

phone number has been removed, thanks.

I'll upload a shot of Cydia, the video finished rendering how ever ishow cropped it to the center of my screen (I thought it was recording the entire window) ... if you want to hear a video of me talking, I can do upload it but it doesn't show much.

Or if you guys want I can restore my iphone with itunes and go through the whole process again.

http://michaelcantu.com/jailbreakme/IMG_0003.PNG

Cydia ^
    Last edited by XMike24; 2010-08-27 at 08:59 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to XMike24 For This Useful Post:

Curupira (2010-08-27)

Quote Originally Posted by XMike24 View Post
    Ok. So despite my fright, and thanks to Cupurica insisting I try it... I went ahead and Jailbroke my phone tonight.

I HAVE made a video, its in the process of compressing (hoping my IShowu HD) doesn't crash because it has before and it crashs quite frequently, and it was a 20 minute video since I had to follow all the steps.

For now I have screenshots of my iphone / itunes that I took before and after.

I have NEVER jailbroken my phone before, I NEVER had Tinyumbrella (I honestly don't think it's needed) I think the process of downgrading only happens with the redirect (since apple isn't able to verify anything) and with choosing the firmware you want (I chose 4.0.1) instead of relying on a backup you've previously made.

http://michaelcantu.com/jailbreakme/IMG_1270.PNG
    http://michaelcantu.com/jailbreakme/Picture%201.png
    http://michaelcantu.com/jailbreakme/Picture%202.png
    http://michaelcantu.com/jailbreakme/IMG_0001.PNG
    http://michaelcantu.com/jailbreakme/IMG_0002.PNG

For the record, anyone else thats trying this. I DID NOT save my shsh with tinyumbrella...

Cupurica, thank you so much, your steps definitely helped.

You are welcome Mike, we must thank Dough Boy because he was the first one to give us hope in a world where everybody is doubting we cannot downgrade without saving SHSH.

It doesn't matter if SOMEBODY SOMEDAY saved the SHSH for us, we are here just trying to give hope to those guys who need to downgrade and never used TinyUmbrella or Cydia.

If possible Mike, take a pict of Cydia before clicking on "Make it easier".

Thank all you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
    You are welcome Mike, we must thank Dough Boy because he was the first one to give us hope in a world where everybody is doubting we cannot downgrade without saving SHSH.

It doesn't matter if SOMEBODY SOMEDAY saved the SHSH for us, we are here just trying to give hope to those guys who need to downgrade and never used TinyUmbrella or Cydia.

If possible Mike, take a pict of Cydia before clicking on "Make it easier".

Thank all you guys.
    well at this point I'm jail broken so I'm happy. I can try and prove this as much as possible or disprove. Anyone out there willing to try (like me) has no risk, just back up your phone, if it doesn't work then back up to your existing one and well your back at square one. Which is where I thought I was going to be...

But hey, it worked, I'm down to 4.0.1 and I just jail broke my phone,

UNFORTUNATELY, before I read "make my life easier, I was trying to scroll down to read it and when my finger touched "I dont like jailbreak" or w.e it said, it took it as I was clicking it instead of scrolling, so I don't think I have the option of doing make my life easier anymore...

Hey guys, I too have had success with this method. I was willing to try anything and this seemed pretty simple so I gave it a shot. I have a 3G S that was running 4.0.2 and now is 4.0.1 Jailbroken.

The thing is I didn't even bother with the tiny umbrella, I'm not even sure what it's supposed to do. The only thing I did was change that notepad doc while in admin mode and shift + right click to restore to 4.0.1. I didn't bother with DFU mode either, not sure if that makes a difference. The only thing I had a problem with was jailbreakme(dot)com wasn't loading and giving me a weird error page. I kept refreshing and changing the link, being sure to include [http://www.] and it eventually connected to the service site.
    Regardless of how I did it the OP really helped me out with this cause I really wanted this thing JB and I thought I was screwed. I'm sure apple will fix this if word gets out it's that easy to get around.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaGavin View Post
    Hey guys, I too have had success with this method. I was willing to try anything and this seemed pretty simple so I gave it a shot. I have a 3G S that was running 4.0.2 and now is 4.0.1 Jailbroken.

The thing is I didn't even bother with the tiny umbrella, I'm not even sure what it's supposed to do. The only thing I did was change that notepad doc while in admin mode and shift + right click to restore to 4.0.1. I didn't bother with DFU mode either, not sure if that makes a difference. The only thing I had a problem with was jailbreakme(dot)com wasn't loading and giving me a weird error page. I kept refreshing and changing the link, being sure to include [http://www.] and it eventually connected to the service site.
    Regardless of how I did it the OP really helped me out with this cause I really wanted this thing JB and I thought I was screwed. I'm sure apple will fix this if word gets out it's that easy to get around.

Hey Mista,

when I gave back the iPhone to my friend she f** and upgraded again, so I did all process again but noticed Jailbreakme is offline, but don't worry, this guy have a cache and worked fine:

JailbreakMe 2.0

Please... after you JB take a pict of Cydia's header and footer to try to prove them.

Thanks...

Is there anyway I can go back and "make my life easier" now? I really don't want to run into the problem of accidentally upgrading again.

Quote Originally Posted by XMike24 View Post
    Is there anyway I can go back and "make my life easier" now? I really don't want to run into the problem of accidentally upgrading again.
    "Make my life easier" only saves your SHSH to Cydia's server, so I think you can use TinyUmbrella to do it, there's a button "Save My SHSH". I think it grabs from Cydia's server and maybe is already there.

With the SHSH file locally on your Mac you can use Umbrella to restore again without contacting Cydia's server
    Last edited by Curupira; 2010-08-27 at 09:34 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Curupira For This Useful Post:

XMike24 (2010-08-27)

Default Worked for me
    I am a completely new member here who just registered to let you guys know that this method worked for me. I tried to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0 on two Iphone 3G's and was successful with both.

In my case the phones were bought used so there is a chance that they might have been jailbroken in past. But in any case I am happy that I tried this. Will try it out on a third phone as well. If it works for the third one as well then either I am very lucky that all of my phones had the SHSH's saved at some point of time, or the method is somehow working without saved SHSH's.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A way to store the SHSHs without knowing, could be if you've ever tried to do a downgrade on a 3GS and modified the hosts file in the process. If you've done that and at any time after that, done a completely normal restore to any iPhone, including the 4, in iTunes, you would store your SHSHs on Cydia.

Anywho, it'd still be nice to see someone who has managed to downgrade to 4.0.1 or 4.0 show a screenshot of the top and bottom of Cydia, as well as a screenshot of TinyUmbrella saying that it can't get your 4.0.1 and 4.0 SHSHs.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

jkmonkey (2010-08-27)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG][IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

They are not showing top and bottom of cydia because they/he are playing games. It literally takes two minutes to get screenshots of the top and bottom of cydia. Just do it and it will help prove you are right or not. It's not hard.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-08-27 at 02:37 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

jkmonkey (2010-08-27), soulthoughts (2010-08-27)

How do I do a screen shot pic?My cydia says shsh for 4.0,4.0.1,4.0.2
    My tiny umbrella says saved shsh 4.0.2 available,Would this prove it?
    1Slyguy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1slyguy View Post
    How do I do a screen shot pic?My cydia says shsh for 4.0,4.0.1,4.0.2
    My tiny umbrella says saved shsh 4.0.2 available,Would this prove it?
    1Slyguy
    A quick hold and release of the home and power buttons takes a screen shot of your phone. The fact that cydia is showing shsh's for 4.0, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 proves that you would be able to downgrade.

But the only saved shsh is 4.0.2 in tiny umbrella.Wouldnt there be 4.0,4.0.1 in tiny umbrella if I did a shsh save before 4.0.2?
    1Slyguy

Thanks

In order for tinyumbrella to display what you really have you have to check the advanced box. Make sure it's set on cydia not apple. Then set it to try to grab 4.0, then 4.0.1. You have to do each one individually.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

jibduh (2010-09-07)

Hi Guys,

I'm a noob in this forum, has anyone tried this method on an ipod touch 3rd gen? Thanks.

Thanks

When you just click the display shsh's button it only shows what you have saved on your computer, not cydia. Once you go in and have it check cydia for those other fw's then you'll have them saved on your computer too.

08/27/2010 11:36:55.920 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.0 (8A293) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.
    I will try for 4.0.1 when I get home tonight.
    1Slyguy

08/27/2010 11:39:18.394 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.0.1 (8A306) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE
    Last edited by 1slyguy; 2010-08-27 at 05:40 PM. Reason: running it before work for 4.0.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1slyguy View Post
    08/27/2010 11:36:55.920 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.0 (8A293) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.
    I will try for 4.0.1 when I get home tonight.
    1Slyguy

08/27/2010 11:39:18.394 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.0.1 (8A306) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE
    I would like to see a screen shot of the top and the bottom of your cydia if you can post them later.

That's an iPhone 4 you have, not a 3GS correct?
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-08-27 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minhoi View Post
    I came across this post after a few days of reading the web learning that it is impossible to downgrade your iphone 3gs 4.0.2 if your iphone hasn't been jailbreaked before.
    Okay, I HAVE to put a stop to this. This message, or ones very much like it, have been repeated throughout this thread, in what may seem like an attempt to change the subject of this thread.

Nobody, NOBODY, has said that a never-before jailbroken phone cannot be downgraded. In fact, the opposite has been said many times: it doesn't matter if a phone has EVER been jailbroken. So long as SHSH files for the iOS you wish to downgrade to are saved, you can downgrade. And SHSH files for any iDevice may be saved without ever jailbreaking, and without ever installing the firmware version for which the SHSHs are saved for, so long as Apple is signing the iOS version.

Please, all of you first time posters, stop repeating this inaccurate and misleading message!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast