Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 146

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Just downgraded to 4.0.1 from 4.0.2 on a device thats never been jb so no shsh's

  1. #81
    Livin the iPhone Life jkmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,433
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 254 Times in 245 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
    When you upgrade or downgrade the 3GS, iTunes contact Apple, so you are unable to do it.
    So, editing the host file is a work around and as I have never JB these 2 iPhones, was being used by friends in Japan, they never JB'd because were using the original SoftBank carrier. This mean Cydia could never have he SHSH from these phones.
    This is incorrect. Phones that have never been jailbroken CAN in fact have their shsh's stored on cydia's server. Tinyumbrella will get them saved wether or not the phone is jailbroken. There is also the possibility that the phones are refurbs and the previous owner had jailbroken and saved shsh's.

  2. #82
    Default new out of box iphone 4 running 4.0.2?
    I have tried this method on a new iphone 4 out of the box with version 4.0.2 and i get 3002 errors. i have also tried this method as well and get 3002 and 3194 errors. There are no shsh blobs to save to cydia except the 4.0.2 files which are useless for the purpose of downgrading. Just wondering has anyone with an iphone 4 done this process?

  3. #83
    Livin the iPhone Life jkmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,433
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 254 Times in 245 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dcbckup View Post
    I have tried this method on a new iphone 4 out of the box with version 4.0.2 and i get 3002 errors. i have also tried this method as well and get 3002 and 3194 errors. There are no shsh blobs to save to cydia except the 4.0.2 files which are useless for the purpose of downgrading. Just wondering has anyone with an iphone 4 done this process?
    Niether this or any other method will downgrade a brand new 3GS or 4 that came out of the box with 4.0.2. Sorry

  4. #84
    What the hell is everyone smoking here ..... the VIDEO in the first post specifically MENTIONED that the method is for those with SHSHs saved in Cydia. That was why the guy with the british accent managed to downgrade his iPod Touch 2G. That was why he had to EDIT the host file to point to Cydia.

    Every poster keeps saying watch the video, use the link in the video. Well the blinkin' video is showing you a guide on how to downgrade WHEN YOU HAVE SHSHs SAVED in CYDIA. Duhhhhhh.

  5. #85
    Livin the iPhone Life jkmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,433
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 254 Times in 245 Posts

    ^^ exactly

  6. #86
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    48,875
    Thanks
    8,108
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dough Boy View Post
    I did this on a 3GS 16 gig that was never jb'd and was running legit on 4.0.2

    I used the youtube video while I had the latest tiny umbrella running on my vista machine(not sure if other os will effect this). After I downgraded to 4.0.1 I was then able to jb from jailbreakme.com.

    Just wanted to post this in case people were having problems. I was freaking out reading about having to wait til a jb for 4.0.2 or wating til 4.1 comes out.

    YouTube - How To DOWNGRADE iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPod Touch & iPad From 4.0.2 Back To 4.0.1, 4.0, 3.1.3, 3.2.1

    If this has been known all along then I apologize for a worthless post

    btw, this site rules... without it I would prob own a android haha
    So is this is a different iphone than the one you jailbroke on August 1st that you said you did this with or the same one?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by azraeil View Post
    What the hell is everyone smoking here ..... the VIDEO in the first post specifically MENTIONED that the method is for those with SHSHs saved in Cydia. That was why the guy with the british accent managed to downgrade his iPod Touch 2G. That was why he had to EDIT the host file to point to Cydia.

    Every poster keeps saying watch the video, use the link in the video. Well the blinkin' video is showing you a guide on how to downgrade WHEN YOU HAVE SHSHs SAVED in CYDIA. Duhhhhhh.
    I smoke nothing but Marlboro's and all I can say is I'm 100% certain I had no SHSHs saved on Cydia and it worked. Do I know why it worked..No.. but the 3GS that had 4.0.2 was able to be downgraded to 4.0 and is now JB.

  8. #88
    Livin the iPhone Life jkmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,433
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 254 Times in 245 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by aspire269 View Post
    I smoke nothing but Marlboro's and all I can say is I'm 100% certain I had no SHSHs saved on Cydia and it worked. Do I know why it worked..No.. but the 3GS that had 4.0.2 was able to be downgraded to 4.0 and is now JB.
    100% certain? Have you ever used tinyumbrella? Have you ever taken your phone to apple and gotten a replacement?

  9. #89
    Retired Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,851
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 699 Times in 594 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by aspire269 View Post
    I smoke nothing but Marlboro's and all I can say is I'm 100% certain I had no SHSHs saved on Cydia and it worked. Do I know why it worked..No.. but the 3GS that had 4.0.2 was able to be downgraded to 4.0 and is now JB.
    Mind posting/PMing me your ECID to double-check that theory?

    Especially if your phone's serial number starts with 5K...

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    100% certain? Have you ever used tinyumbrella? Have you ever taken your phone to apple and gotten a replacement?
    No it had never needed repair. Purchased from Apple on launch day. Never used tinyumbrella until the video experiment.

    Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    Mind posting/PMing me your ECID to double-check that theory?

    Especially if your phone's serial number starts with 5K...
    Not sure I'm comfortable giving that out. Don't know what if anything can be done if others had that info. Is there another way you would believe my story or proof I can get you?
    Last edited by aspire269; 2010-08-26 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #91
    Retired Moderator soulthoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,096
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 603 Times in 506 Posts

    I'm about to close this thread. We have a bunch of new members/posters that are claiming to do what's seemingly impossible. I'm finding it hard to believe that someone discovered what the dev team and Saurik haven't.

    Proof or I close this thread.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    I'm about to close this thread. We have a bunch of new members/posters that are claiming to do what's seemingly impossible. I'm finding it hard to believe that someone discovered what the dev team and Saurik haven't.

    Proof or I close this thread.
    You tell me how I can prove it without giving up anything that would compromise my phone or info and I would be happy too. If not close the thread. I'm just trying to help. I have been a reader of this site for a very long time and only reason I decided to start posting was because I was thrilled that this worked for me. Was hanging my hopes on something called snowbreeze until I tried this.

  13. #93
    well it still worked for me WITHOUT my pre ios4 SHSH files so resist if you want. My phone is JB'd. tiny umbrella says my SHSH files are 4.0.2

  14. #94
    Livin the iPhone Life jkmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,433
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 254 Times in 245 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by aspire269 View Post
    You tell me how I can prove it without giving up anything that would compromise my phone or info and I would be happy too. If not close the thread. I'm just trying to help. I have been a reader of this site for a very long time and only reason I decided to start posting was because I was thrilled that this worked for me. Was hanging my hopes on something called snowbreeze until I tried this.
    How about some screen shots of umbrella saying that you do NOT have shsh's for 4.0 and 4.0.1.

  15. #95
    I can try that. But answer me this so I don't waste my time. After I JB his phone ( I think it was 2 days ago it said TSS pending in cydia now it says on file today) will not screw up this proof you need ? Also serial # starts 8592 not a 5.

  16. #96
    Livin the iPhone Life jkmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,433
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 254 Times in 245 Posts

    If what your saying is true about not having shsh's on file then cydia should only be showing 4.0.2 at the top. A screenie of cydia only saying 4.0.2 and umbrella telling you that it couldn't grab shsh's for 4.0 and 4.0.1 would prove that you did not have shsh's saved.

  17. #97
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Yeah, a screenshot of the top and bottom of Cydia for everyone who managed to downgrade without stored SHSHs, would get us closer to the truth.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    This is incorrect. Phones that have never been jailbroken CAN in fact have their shsh's stored on cydia's server. Tinyumbrella will get them saved wether or not the phone is jailbroken. There is also the possibility that the phones are refurbs and the previous owner had jailbroken and saved shsh's.
    This is not the case, and at same time you are saying these people on this forum who tried and succeed are lier when they say never used TinyUmbrella.

    Again... if you don't believe just don't post anything.

  19. #99
    thanks this worked for me

  20. #100
    Retired Moderator soulthoughts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    3,096
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 603 Times in 506 Posts

    There you go, you've been given examples of proof needed. It should be simple to do.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •