Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just downgraded to 4.0.1 from 4.0.2 on a device thats never been jb so no shsh's

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by q2theizzle85 View Post
    Does the only work on the 3GS? I can't seem to get it to work on my Iphone 4.
    The i4 is the same general process for downgrading the OS (exact same for jailbreaking it), and requires SHSH blobs specific to your device, but the local/Umbrella restore will always end with an error (usually 1004, any 10xx is normal and expected). Use Umbrella or some other program of your choice to throw your phone out of recovery mode, and you're good to go.

cheers helpd alot

I didn't save my SHSH to cydia but tried to method for over 3 hours and no luck. Iphone 4 running 4.0.2. did everything the video said but keep getting Error 3194. Has anyone had luck with an IP4?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by q2theizzle85 View Post
    I didn't save my SHSH to cydia but tried to method for over 3 hours and no luck. Iphone 4 running 4.0.2. did everything the video said but keep getting Error 3194. Has anyone had luck with an IP4?
    That error (3194) usually means that your SHSH blobs are absent/being rejected.

Without valid SHSH blobs for your phone and firmware, you cannot downgrade a stock phone to stock firmware, period.

hi Curupia
    i dont know why i try many link but still DL IOS zip file not IPSW file i try Dl 1 of ipod version is work but not for iphone i been crazy about it for few day always zip file not .ISPW file can u help me with that or anyone els pls

anyone help me with DL IOS , why everytime i try dl ios alway in zip file not .IPSW file ?
    Last edited by leoho0924; 2010-08-25 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There isn't a way to downgrade or unlock iPhone on 4.0.2!!!!!! We must wait for it to be released. May take 6 months to 1 year.

i just downgrade my 3g from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 work so good no 1055 error messg no need to use tinyumberla thank Dough boy and Curupia , i was use internet explorer that why i can not have
    ipsw file so Curupia show me link that help me alot . then i use
    FIREFOX to download IPSW FILE THANK ALOT CURUPIA. LOVE YOU GUY. i was got stuck whole week with dl 4.0.1 under ZIP file.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoho0924 View Post
    i just downgrade my 3g from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1 work sNo good no 1055 error messg no need to use tinyumberla thank Dough boy and Curupia , i was use internet explorer that why i can not have
    ipsw file so Curupia show me link that help me alot . then i use
    FIREFOX to download IPSW FILE THANK ALOT CURUPIA. LOVE YOU GUY. i was got stuck whole week with dl 4.0.1 under ZIP file.
    All you have to do is rename the extension from .zip to .ipsw. That is the file...LoL

I did it! It works perfectly!

Just like everyone I was discouraged by the "you must have the SHSH saved in..." but I tried it, and it worked fine!

I was downgrading from 4.0.2 to 4.0. Read the instructions to save my SHSH AFTER I upgraded to 4.0.2, and the version saved in Cydia was my 4.0.2 ECID. I thought of no hope when at last I tried to downgrade it and it works perfectly!

Dunno why, but I think Saurik's finally find a way to register SHSHs on demand?

Quote Originally Posted by Jvilleg5 View Post
    There isn't a way to downgrade or unlock iPhone on 4.0.2!!!!!! We must wait for it to be released. May take 6 months to 1 year.
    Hi
    i just dowmgrade to 4.0.1 then unblock. i just did it

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    All you have to do is rename the extension from .zip to .ipsw. That is the file...LoL
    oh i did not kno how to do that way i was try me crazy whole week with that problem. let me try it , can you show me how to rename it ??? pls
    Last edited by leoho0924; 2010-08-25 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    I would like to see some proof of this too. Those that have successfully done it if you could show the front page of cydia that would go along way to proving this works.
    Don't bother with these guys here, they are just fooling around and most of them just registered and say the same thing just to distract and lead others into believing No shsh is possible. I can bet you , they are all friends.
    In the vid, it clearly states shsh is needed, and how the hell they come up with a statement of No shsh to downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by leoho0924 View Post
    Hi
    i just dowmgrade to 4.0.1 then unblock. i just did it

oh i did not kno how to do that way i was try me crazy whole week with that problem. let me try it , can you show me how to rename it ??? pls
    Right click, scroll to rename , enter, highlight the ext not the file name and rename the .zip or .rar to .ipsw, a warning msg will pop up , just say yes.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-08-25 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

leoho0924 (2010-08-25)

thank alot yeow202 .............. help. i wish i know this a week ago thank you so much

Smile Downgrade successful 4.02 to 4.01 & jb/unlock also
    Hi mate
    thanks for your useful post regarding downgrading jb/unlock
    done two phones 4.02 to 4.01 with your help.
    Got iphone on 3.12 on bb 5.12 jailbroken with geohot r3c .customer turned off and shows now recovery mode.tried again with geohot r3c.but failed.any solution for this problem.
    Thanks & regards.
    Jaideep
    india.
    Dt:25/08/2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by dough boy View Post
    i did this on a 3gs 16 gig that was never jb'd and was running legit on 4.0.2

i used the youtube video while i had the latest tiny umbrella running on my vista machine(not sure if other os will effect this). After i downgraded to 4.0.1 i was then able to jb from jailbreakme.com.

Just wanted to post this in case people were having problems. I was freaking out reading about having to wait til a jb for 4.0.2 or wating til 4.1 comes out.

youtube - how to downgrade iphone 4, 3gs, 3g, ipod touch & ipad from 4.0.2 back to 4.0.1, 4.0, 3.1.3, 3.2.1

if this has been known all along then i apologize for a worthless post

btw, this site rules... Without it i would prob own a android haha
    Hi mate.
    Here is second person with your help succesful downgrade from 4.02 to 4.01 jb/unlock done.
    Done two iphones on baseband 5.13 firmware 4.02.
    Thanks a lot buddy.
    Thanks.
    Jaideep
    india.

Hi mate.
    Here is second person with your help succesful downgrade from 4.02 to 4.01 jb/unlock done.
    Done two iphones on baseband 5.13 firmware 4.02.
    Thanks a lot buddy.
    Thanks.
    Jaideep
    india.
    Last edited by jaideep; 2010-08-25 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default ...
    So, unfortunately I'm one of the (mass idiots) that upgraded to 4.0.2 that didn't read up before I did it. I was the naive and quite loyal to apple and was always that user who always did his updates because I wanted the newest technology out! It wasn't even the fact of what was getting updated, just the fact that I wanted to be able to say I always had the newest version...

Likewise, I never had my iPhone JB bc I was always that kid that was worried about (fill in the blank). Well that was great and all until I found out it was LEGAL... Unfortunately I found out 3 days AFTER I did the @$%^& update.

So like everyone else, here I am, stuck waiting for someone to spend the time out of their day to help a noob like me JB his phone, or try idiotic attempts at downgrading such as this one. Despite everything I've read, and I'm quite computer literate so don't think I'm that naive, Im actually smarter then I play myself off to be. Either way, I was going to be that one kid that wanted to try this out, take footage / evidence, etc... But, stuck because the entire method involves using Windows and at the moment, I'm kind of glad bc I prob would have ended up @$#^ my phone for no reason (trusting some cheap $@#%) on the internet.

Anyone that wants to try this... Read everything that's been said. The ones that have been here for ages are obviously fore warning you for a reason, and they usually know more then the kids that have only had 1 post (me)... lol.

Anyway, I'll take tonight and the quite quick dead end I ran into as a leap of faith and realize that it's not meant to happen yet. I swear I hope the update for Sn0wbreeze comes out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by XMike24 View Post
    So, unfortunately I'm one of the (mass idiots) that upgraded to 4.0.2 that didn't read up before I did it. I was the naive and quite loyal to apple and was always that user who always did his updates because I wanted the newest technology out! It wasn't even the fact of what was getting updated, just the fact that I wanted to be able to say I always had the newest version...

Likewise, I never had my iPhone JB bc I was always that kid that was worried about (fill in the blank). Well that was great and all until I found out it was LEGAL... Unfortunately I found out 3 days AFTER I did the @$%^& update.

So like everyone else, here I am, stuck waiting for someone to spend the time out of their day to help a noob like me JB his phone, or try idiotic attempts at downgrading such as this one. Despite everything I've read, and I'm quite computer literate so don't think I'm that naive, Im actually smarter then I play myself off to be. Either way, I was going to be that one kid that wanted to try this out, take footage / evidence, etc... But, stuck because the entire method involves using Windows and at the moment, I'm kind of glad bc I prob would have ended up @$#^ my phone for no reason (trusting some cheap $@#%) on the internet.

Anyone that wants to try this... Read everything that's been said. The ones that have been here for ages are obviously fore warning you for a reason, and they usually know more then the kids that have only had 1 post (me)... lol.

Anyway, I'll take tonight and the quite quick dead end I ran into as a leap of faith and realize that it's not meant to happen yet. I swear I hope the update for Sn0wbreeze comes out soon.
    Hey XMike,

You can downgrade to 4.0 or maybe 4.0.1 and then JB it.
    I did it on 2 iPhones that just came from Japan and if was not on only one I can confirm that's true, believe me.
    Just follow previous instructions on earlier replies.

Don't pay attention to those who say isn't possible JB updated 3GS iphones.

Good luck.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Curupira For This Useful Post:

Catchem (2010-08-25)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks everyone involved.

I can confirm successful downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0. I bought brand new iPhone 3GS recently and recklessly update from 4.0 (I guess) to 4.0.2 - no need to mention it was never jailbreaked and no shsh stored. Just follow posted vid and tips from Curupira and you should be OK.

Now I am running jailbreaked (jailbreakme.com) 4.0.1 with pdf exploit patch without problems so far.

Sorry for bad english.
    Big big thanks to everyone here.

All of this sounds great! I have one question to ask Dough Boy though.

Does this method work on the iPhone 4? Heard of anyone who has had success using this?

My iP4 has gone into the apple logo reboot sequence. The SHSH request was pending when it went into that. Had the iOS 4.0.1.

Now its stuck there. The only option left is trying to update to 4.0.2 and then downgrading to 4.0.1.

Everyone seems to be of the opinion that this method wont work. I'm willing to give it a shot. Especially since either way, my phone wont work. I dont see anyone working on the iOS 4.0.2 jb and unlock for the iP4.

I had high hopes of the devteam

I have a 3gs stuck on 4.0.2. I've tried everything from saving the files with tinyumbrella to changing the hosts. iTunes proceeds after it verifies the software with apple them the phones screen turns white and remains like that until iTunes pops up with an error message 1601 or 1604. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Jvilleg5 View Post
    I have a 3gs stuck on 4.0.2. I've tried everything from saving the files with tinyumbrella to changing the hosts. iTunes proceeds after it verifies the software with apple them the phones screen turns white and remains like that until iTunes pops up with an error message 1601 or 1604. HELP!
    Hey Jville,

watch the final of the video... he mentioned exactly your issue.

Hi everyone,
    Im a newbee here and did the downgrade to 4.0.1 and it worked.My question is how to get all my apps back on with out doing a restore and haveing to upgrade back up to 4.0.2
    Thanks for all the Help and great find Doughboy,also thanks to the guy who said use tiny umbrella first to save shsh with cydia.
    I belive that is a huge steep missing from the video.
    1Slyguy

Never mind the last post I figered out how to get the stuff back on.
    1Slyguy
    Last edited by 1slyguy; 2010-08-25 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast