Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs 4.0.2 stuck in recovery/DFU mode

Default Iphone 3gs 4.0.2 stuck in recovery/DFU mode
    So i bought my phone a week ago in america for 200 dollar it's an iphone 3gs 16gb. The guy had updated it to 4.0.2 and i bought it before i looked at the update and even if i did i wouldn't have thought anything of it.

So a friend tried to downgrade it and it didn't work but he restored it and i came back yesterday from america.
    So today i tried to do it myself. I used this How to Downgrade iPhone 4.0.2 to 4.0.1

So the guy didn't store his SHSH files and even if he did where would i get them from. So i kind of ignored the shsh file thing. I downloaded tinyumbrella and i followed the instruction. I first saved my 4.0.2 shsh file and i didnt do anything with the ''Advanced Options''. So that was saved then i clicked on advanced options and like the tutorial said i selected the advanced options and i selected the iphone 3gs 4.0(8A293) under Cydia and clicked save my SHSH. Then i did step 2 and after that step 3 and after that i di step 4 and i saw this

So i went on to step 5 and step 6 came by and here it changed. I didn't get the error code and step 7 never happened for me. Now i'm stuck in recovery mode or DFU mode I don't know which but it's the one where you can see the itunes logo and the usb-cable it also says that there is no sim installed and i should put in a valid sim for activation. I tried Recboot and couldn't get it out of the stuck mode. Now my phone is a MC model and it's 3gs 4.0.2. If i check tinyumbrella now it shows the following:

Now i dont know if that means it succesfully downgraded and i only need to get it out of the stuck mode. So if anybody can help me to get it out of this mode and i dont care if have to restore it back to 4.0.2 or anything at least i could do something with it that way. It's an AT&T model phone and i live in holland so i dont have a simcard that works and i wanted to downgrade it so could unlock it. So Please Help Me!!!!

!!Update!!
    I tried doing what sebastian said and this time it kinda worked I could restore it again so I tried to restore it to 4.0 but now i get the error number 2009 but i can at least restore it to 4.0.2 and use it at least if it doesn't need a valid sim card for that, let's hope not. I will try to restore it to 4.0.1 and if that doesn't work just put it back in 4.0.2. I hope somebody will soon how to downgrade/unlock/jailbreak, i dont know which one but i just want to use it as a phone and not ipod touch. Any info is still much appreciated!

Another update 4.0.2 didn't work because itunes couldn't connect to the itunes update server or something and it told me to try at another time......... this is starting to get bad!!!
    Last edited by mojtabareza; 2010-08-24 at 04:12 PM.

YESSSSSS

My iphone works!!! And it's Downgraded!!!! i will post pictures of my phone later on!!!!!
    Last edited by mojtabareza; 2010-08-24 at 04:12 PM.

Hi, my I phone 3gs on 4.0.2 was stuck on restore. The only way to fix this is to totally un install all of apples software from your pc. so i tunes quick time etc then restart. Then re install itunes on your pc. With your i phone turned off & unplugged. restart pc then plug in i phone your pc should discover i phone then open i tunes it will give you the option of restoring.
    This took me about two hours... restored works ok but not jailbroke...

Unhappy Please help me
    OMG im so lost ...i just got the iphone 4 yest. and it is 4.0.2 i need it to work with my t-mobile sim card....this is driving me crazy everyone has something different to say...can someone give me something that really works?....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricanrissa View Post
    OMG im so lost ...i just got the iphone 4 yest. and it is 4.0.2 i need it to work with my t-mobile sim card....this is driving me crazy everyone has something different to say...can someone give me something that really works?....
    You will not be able to downgrade an iPhone 4 that came brand new out of the box with 4.0.2. The only thing you cam do is wait for the next jailbreak to be released.