Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from 4.0.2

Default Downgrading from 4.0.2
    hi all
    i have received a 3 week old iphone 3gs 16gb and its got the latest software that got uploaded
    ive been searching to try and find a way to downgrade but cant find a way as im not very technical on the phone/laptop

but i cant find a simple enough description
    so would anyone be kind enough to break it done to basics please

thank you very much in advance

Basically it can't be done. Since the phone is new, it has never had the SHSH files stored either locally or thru Cydia. So you're stuck at 4.0.2. How's that for basic lol? :P

well basically its not what i wanted to hear :P
    as im on orange and the phone's on vodaphone :/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Is your iphone new or used ?

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Is your iphone new or used ?
    it was a used phone, but bearly used

I just bought the iphone 4 and it's on firmware 4.0.2...been trying everything to downgrade...is it impossible without SHSH???
    How can I jailbreak my phone???
    Please help
    Last edited by GhettoB; 2010-08-21 at 01:54 AM. Reason: More info

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoB View Post
    I just bought the iphone 4 and it's on firmware 4.0.2...been trying everything to downgrade...is it impossible without SHSH???
    Please help
    You can't so stop wasting your time trying. Just wait till another JB tool is released. Might be a minute though because I'm sure the Dev Team will wait till 4.1 drops.

Thanks

Dazza, Download tiny umbrella and see what shsh you can grab from Cydia, not apple
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-08-21 at 03:29 AM.

Yeah I tried tiny umbrella but keep getting error message when restoring 4.0.1. Downgrade...it won't run the downgrade!! Any other ideas?

I will have 2...but iPhone sux without JB!!!
    Last edited by GhettoB; 2010-08-21 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Please help
    If your Iphone 4 is new and it is 4.0.2 OTB, then don't bother trying, wait for a new jailbreak, it could be months before the new jailbreak comes out for 4.1 which is due to be released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    If your Iphone 4 is new and it is 4.0.2 OTB, then don't bother trying, wait for a new jailbreak, it could be months before the new jailbreak comes out for 4.1 which is due to be released soon.
    I doubt it'll be months after 4.1 is released. Comex said there were 5+ known exploits in 4.0 and it seems as though they only used one with JBME.com. So I'd be surprised if its more than 4-6 weeks but who knows. I'm sure 4.1 will have an updated baseband so they'll have to rework sn0w as well.

Thanks

Yeah I tried tiny umbrella but keep getting error message when restoring 4.0.1. Downgrade...it won't run the downgrade!! Any other ideas?

I will have 2...but iPhone sux without JB!!!
    There is only one thing you can do now is to backup your 4.0.2 shsh blogs and wait.....