Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSH file save question

Default SHSH file save question
    I have a 16GB 3GS that was 4.0.1 that I saved the SHSH thru Cydia last night. It said "this device has a pending TSS request." However, it froze completely when trying to do a factory reset from the phone so I had to DFU it and upgrade to 4.0.2 to bring it back.

My question is will I be able to use the 4.0.1 files thru Cydia in a day or two (once the request completes) even though 4.0.2 has been out for a while now? Does Cydia no longer accept 4.0.1 after 4.0.2 came out? Seems like I read that somewhere.

Please let me know, thanks!

Thanks

Apple stopped signing 4.0.1 a couple days ago. With that message at the top of cydia it may or may not have gotten them in time. Use tinyumbrella to check cydia's servers.

Could you explain how one does this exactly?

Use tinyumbrella to check cydia's servers.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Download TinyUmbrella. Run TinyUmbrella. Connect your iDevice. Wait for TinyUmbrella to detect your iDevice. Click the "Save my SHSH" button. If you see in the message window that your SHSH was successfully saved, Cydia had your 4.0.1 SHSH, and you're in good shape.

well a phone I saved the files on at the exact same time still says "pending TSS request" so I'm gonna wait till that shows the files then mess with TU. Because I'm sure if I did it now, it couldn't pull them if its still pending anyway. I appreciate the responses.