Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from ios4 to 3.1.2 help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nfrenk View Post
    Well, I guess I was having the same problem but I guess I eventually found a solution (with some help here in the forum, of course)... I hope it helps you...

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/726...-possible.html
    If your other post is accurate; then I think that means Apple is checking SHSH blobs for stock versions of 3.x iPT2G firmware on all models, even MB models. Which were never needed before, and therefore Cydia never cached. (Wow Apple. Just wow...)

In which case, downgrading to 2.x (DFU once, will error out, then restore AGAIN via recovery mode, error out again, then attempt a jailbreak) then up to 3.x via custom-firmware oughta do it.

I think you should only attempt it after trying the custom IPSW alone first though (less work). Just my two cents.

when i restore to a custom firmware it prepares my ipod for restore for ages then it errors out?

Quote Originally Posted by orbyorb View Post
    If your other post is accurate; then I think that means Apple is checking SHSH blobs for stock versions of 3.x iPT2G firmware on all models, even MB models. Which were never needed before, and therefore Cydia never cached. (Wow Apple. Just wow...)

In which case, downgrading to 2.x (DFU once, will error out, then restore AGAIN via recovery mode, error out again, then attempt a jailbreak) then up to 3.x via custom-firmware oughta do it.

I think you should only attempt it after trying the custom IPSW alone first though (less work). Just my two cents.
    so i downgrade to 2.x in dfu, then restore mode, then upgrade to 3.1.2?
    Last edited by nipping; 2010-09-01 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by nipping View Post
    when i restore to a custom firmware it prepares my ipod for restore for ages then it errors out?

so i downgrade to 2.x in dfu, then restore mode, then upgrade to 3.1.2?

that's how it worked for me... But from 2.x, I restored a custom 3.1.2 firmware after using quickfreedom...

so i jail break 2.2.1 with quickfreedom. do i need to install any special packages from cydia then?

great everyone givven up

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nipping View Post
    great everyone givven up
    Not quite. Sorry, I've been all over the place.

--Once you've successfully restored to 2.2.1 (and that'll take two restores: the first one from DFU and the second from recovery, both will hopefully end with a 10xx error), just use Quickfreedom and you should then be set.

You should not need to install any special Cydia packages in the 2.2.1 filesystem--it'll all get overwritten on the 3.1.2 custom restore anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12