Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs JB'ed with JBM 4.0.1 HELP PLEASE!

Default 3gs JB'ed with JBM 4.0.1 HELP PLEASE!
    Hello,

So i have a 3gs new bootrom on 4.0.1 jailbroken with jail break me (thanks comex). It says on Cydia that this device has shsh blobs on file for 4.0,4.0.1. So i also setup my macbook pro to read sauriks server so i can do a restore to 4.0 (4.0.1 gives me issues with service). So i followed a guide to put phone in DFU mode and screen was black itunes detected it in recovery mode and i tried to restore to 4.0. Then itunes was trying to verify with Apple and then it said cannot verify this build..... So now i rebooted my phone and its back to normal im back to my 4.0.1 but i thought i put it in DFU mode and it basically was in recovery mode? Now im lucky this is like this because i still have a phone until someone please sheds some light on my issue. I dont know whats going on this happened to me as well on my 3gs 3.1.2 jb'ed with spirit. I tried to restore to 3.1.2 from 4.0 and it gave me the same issue this is why im on 4.0.1 now. Anyone have an idea what im doing wrong? Please any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Are you changing your host files?

This is what i entered at the bottom of /etc/hosts/. Correct? i herd that if i go through tiny umbrella it might work. Any idea how to go through Tiny Umbrella?
    #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Youre not running TinyUmbrella's TSS server while restoring? Try that.

mygadgetnews.com/2010/07/07/how-to-downgrade-ios-4-to-os-3-1-x-using-tinyumbrella/

Here you go. I hope that helps.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-20 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

COOL! thanks im going to try this later on today. I really hope this works. Im sure its the same from 4.0.1 to 4.0 right?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Yeah it should be the same

7. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

saleenboy818 (2010-08-20)

Kind of confused here i was trying to read the post. So i have my shsh saved with umbrella on my mac book pro and it says phone can be restored saftley. But im reading the guide and it shows a button for "kick out of recovery mode". I dont have that on my umbrella version on my macbook pro but i dl'ed it on my win7 desktop and it has it. How or can i transfer over the blobs to my desktop ? or will it work on the macbook pro?

Anyone?
    Last edited by saleenboy818; 2010-08-21 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost