Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another 4.0.2

Default Another 4.0.2
    Hey, i sort of upgraded my firmware to 4.0.2 and i desperately want to downgrade but im not very computer literate so i was wondering if someone could give me a simple way of doing that, or if their is a simple way to jailbreak my iphone?? Thanks

Thanks

Download 4.0.1from the downloads section of this site. Hold shift while clicking restore in iTunes. Then select the fw you downloaded. Wait for the restore to finish and use jailbreakme to jailbreak

p.s. Use firefox or safari to download the fw. It will make your life easier.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

Pac-man123 (2010-08-19)

Thanks a lot dude someone who speaks english finally lol

Thanks

Lol. Your welcome.

At the risk of sounding really dumb, I downloaded the update using firefox but now can't find the file when I try to shift and restore on iTunes!!! Help!

Thanks

Where did you save it on your computer when you downloaded it?

Oops I think I clicked open with iTunes when downloading, downloading again but saving file this time doh!

Managed to find it, tried to restore, it went through the process and then said "verifying with apple" then says error, when I look at error details my device isn't eligible for build! I give up! Thanks anyway, glad it worked for some of you.

Managed to find it, tried to restore, it went through the process and then said "verifying with apple" then says error, when I look at error details my device isn't eligible for build! I give up! Thanks anyway, glad it worked for some of you.
    Last edited by catwoman1974; 2010-08-20 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You were too late. Apple was still signing 4.0.1 yesterday. Not anymore.

Did you have your phone jailbroken before?

Art

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catwoman1974 View Post
    Oops I think I clicked open with iTunes when downloading, downloading again but saving file this time doh!

What firmware did you download 4.0 or 4.0.1?

No I've only had it a couple of weeks and was going to jailbreak it but thought Id save all my apps etc first, so saved my apps and ran an update on itunes, then tried to jailbreak only to find I shouldnt have updated!! Stupid me, shouldve read up on it first!

Hi,
    I'm in the same situation.
    when i try to restore with the 4.0.1 firmware i get the error 3194.
    I hope i will have an answer before apple stops allowing restores with the older firmware.
    thanks for your help.

Upgraded to 4.0.2 before I realised this wouldnt allow me to jailbreak so downloaded 4.0.1 but It wont let me restore back to it.

Thanks

Have you modified your hosts file in any way or have tinyumbrella running?

i didn't back up my shsh blobs nor did i edit the host file.
    i tried on both a mac and windows.
    thanks for the answer.
    could it be that apple stopped signing the firmware ??

btw my itunes version is 9.2.1.5 could it be the problem ??
    Last edited by kaosteori; 2010-08-20 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It's possible that apple has finally stopped signing it. Sorry I'm not home right now so I can't check to see for sure. You can check though. Use tiny umbrella and check the advanced box, make sure it's set on apple instead of cydia. If umbrella receives shsh's then apple is still signing, if not then they've stopped.

i will check.
    If they have stopped signing is there any chance to have a jailbreak for the 4.0.2 firmware anytime soon or should i wait for the 4.1 firmware ??
    thanks for your help.

Thanks

I can almost guarantee there won't be another jailbreak until at least 4.1.

Tiny Umbrella says that i can downgrade just fine :
    "08/19/2010 22:58:06.689 Devices with ECIDs matching the above AND restoring to the exact firmware version listed above will succeed!"
    So why do have that error when i'm restoring ??
    Thanks man for your help.

Thanks

Umbrella was set on 4.0.1 and Apple, right? Then there should be no problem restoring to 4.0.1. Try downloading the firmware from a different source. The downloads section of this site works well. Make sure it's a 4.0.1 that you get. Reboot the computer and try again.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

kaosteori (2010-08-20)

yeah it was 4.0.1 iphone 3GS.
    well i'm gonna do that and get back to you.
    in the mean time don't you have any kind of instruction to try and troubleshoot this issue in case it doesn't work again ??
    thanks again for your help .

On the mac this is the error i get :
    The iPhone Could not be restored.This Device Isn't eligible for the requested build.

Could it be that apple stopped signing the firmware ??
    Last edited by kaosteori; 2010-08-20 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast