Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore SMS/Contacts/Etc

Default Restore SMS/Contacts/Etc
    Actually I downgraded my iPhone to 3.1.3 but my backup is from 4.0.1 and iTunes dosn't want to restore my backup. There is any workaround?

Thanks in advance

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yet another reason I'm still on 3.1.2 . Upgrading is a one-way street.

Sorry ... but there is software to extract the files
    (like AddressBook/Calendar/SMS) from the iTunes database. Try iPhoneBackupExtractor. Google it. Overwrite the existing database files in /private/var/mobile/Library. It 'might' work.

Usually these are recreated from a prior sync (with your Mac, Outlook, or Google). The rest of the stuff, stocks/weather/map/Web Clip icons, etc are usually easier to just recreate.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

iModAMD (2010-08-18)

I can extract everything but after that how I put all thoses files on the phone ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It takes a bit of work an investigation to get it right. I use WinSCP to copy from WindowsXP to the iPhone (usualy /private/var/mobile/Library). Check out the directories. They are adequately named: ie: AdddressBook is Contacts, SMS = SMS. Inside those directories are the databases also adequately named.

Make sure the ownership and permissions are the same as the one you are replacing else it won't work sure!!

I fixed my problems. Synced my contacts with windows contacts . I dont care about SMS . Just junk pilling with the time Thanks for the software of course . Helped for the pictures