Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: saving shsh blobs

Default saving shsh blobs
    I have an Iphone 3gs 16gb. it is on firmware 3.1.2 and modem firmware 05.11.07 - I am trying to save my shsh blobs. I ran f0recast and it gave me the following info: bootloader 6.4 - model mc136 - jailbreakable? yes - unlockable? yes - tethered? maybe, depends if refurb.
    I have already jailbroken and unlocked it using blackra1n, but have never saved my shsh. When I run autoshsh it goes through the motions and gives me a dialog box saying done, but then I get a java error saying "Could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/version: sorry."
    I have also tried tinyumbrella with no luck. What i did get from the umbrella readme is that if apple is no longer signing the firmware I am on, then I can't save my shsh. Should I upgrade to a newer firmware which will unjailbreak my iphone and then try the shsh app? Basically what I am trying to do is upgrade my phone to 4.0 firmware but keep my unlock since I need to use the phone on tmobile. Any help in the right direction would be much appreciated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

You don't need to update your firmware to save your blobs. TinyUmbrella will put your request for blobs to Apple or Cydia for whatever eligible build you specify, regardless of what is installed on your device.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Download TinyUmbrella and use that or go to Cydia and on the home page click on "make my life easier"
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-08-17 at 06:22 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks Trooper Sam and Anniex for the nudge in the right direction. I was able to save my shsh for 4.0 and 4.0.1. The only problem now is jailbreaking after updating to 4.0.1. Jailbreakme.com seems to down, is that the only way to jailbreak an official 4.0.1 firmware?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

So far as I know, that's it. I could be wrong, as I tend to focus on the tool that works best for me and stick with it.