Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading to OS 3.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Would it matter if I had a 3G 8Gb instead of a 2G 8GB? I mean only the 3G 32GB and 64GB are different, but the 8GB 3G was supposed to be the same as a 2G...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lFuidy View Post
    Would it matter if I had a 3G 8Gb instead of a 2G 8GB? I mean only the 3G 32GB and 64GB are different, but the 8GB 3G was supposed to be the same as a 2G...
    No, you're right, 3G doesn't come in 8GB sizes, so if you have an 8GB, it's a 2G. Can't really wrap my head around this.

Well, something different that would work, would be to downgrade to 3.0, then make a 3.1.x custom firmware with pwnagetool and restore to that. Though, it's a long way around that you shouldn't need to go, you can try that since nothing else works.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Nothing else doesn't seem to work at this point. I've tried every possible scenario with this downgrading. Firmware ipsw-s from different sources, hosts file with and without the extra line... you name it.

I'm willing to go the extra mile if it means I can restore to 3.1.x. But making a custom firmware? I seriously don't know how to do that. Perhaps direct me to a guide?

Oh and get this. After trying all these options, I've left my ipod to iOS 4 for the time being, I charged my battery 100% full yesterday afternoon and didn't use it for the rest of the day. So today I pick up my ipod and it doesn't turn on, at first I thought I must have left it in DFU mode but then it turns out my battery is completely drained dead... How the hell was this possible? I charged it full yesterday and the battery simply drained over night without any use from me...
    Last edited by lFuidy; 2010-08-17 at 02:58 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Here's a guide for pwnagetool. It's a mac only program: http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...-3.1.4-oih689/

By the way, have you tried restoring from recovery mode as well?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately I'm on Windows 7. Oh well, guess I'm stuck for a while. Thank you for the help though.

I am new to this but i need an answer for an iphone using 4.0.1 version. I want to downgrade it to 3.1.2. Can I? the other question is, what is the best itune version for 3.1.2? My phone is jailbroken and unlocked.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by orangedreem9 View Post
    I am new to this but i need an answer for an iphone using 4.0.1 version. I want to downgrade it to 3.1.2. Can I? the other question is, what is the best itune version for 3.1.2? My phone is jailbroken and unlocked.
    If you info is up-to-date and you have an iPhone 3G, then yes, you can downgrade to 3.x. The newest iTunes is fine. There isn't really any iTunes version that is better than others in your case, since you can use redsn0w to jailbreak, which isn't affected by that.

Default need more info
    I need to know where I can locate and download firmware 3.1.2.
    Since i am very new, i need to know how i go about downloading apps from pirate bay to my iphone. I download torrents and utorrents but i can't get them to upload on itunes

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Since i am very new, i need to know how i go about downloading apps from pirate bay to my iphone. I download torrents and utorrents but i can't get them to upload on itunes
    You won't get any help with cracked apps on this forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can get all the firmware from here :
    iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12