Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it still possible to JB with what I have?

Exclamation Is it still possible to JB with what I have?
    Guys I have just gotten here after coming pretty far in backtracking my 3GS to 3.1.3 and now I am not sure in what direction to proceed.

I am nowhere near competent enough to understand what I am doing 100% but the iPhone was on 4.0 a couple of hours ago and thanks to Saurik, I managed to modify my /etc/hosts file adding Sauriks server to the list ( 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com )

I remembered I had saved my SHSH to Cydia before the iPhone crashed and against what I thought was going to happen, the iPhone restored to the "iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw"

The strange part was that Saurik mentioned "If you encouter "unknown error (3002)", you probably do not have your ECID SHSH's for 3.0 "on file" with Cydia." Well this didn't happen so that means I do have a backup but why did it do it for the 3.1.3 restore .IPSW?

Does that mean he has my SHSH at 3.0??

Anyway, following this guys advice here...

How to downgrade your iPhone (3G) OS 4.0 to 3.1.3

...worked perfectly and I now have my iPhone successfully back to 3.1.3 and all my applications are working.

Three problems occurred -

1. My messages are gone
    2. My photos and videos have been erased
    3. My mail contacts and connections have been reset.

This isn't such a big deal because I am still figuring out how to extract my backups so I can see what I have and what i want to install.

The BIG deal is this. Is it possible for me to JB this sucker again after having got it to this point?

The iPhone as it is...

• iPhone - 3GS 32GB running 3.1.3
    • Bootrom - 359.3 ( I believe this to be the old bootrom )
    • Modum 05.13.04
    • Model - MC134J
    • iTunes - 9.2 (61)

What is my position on this? Is JB possible?

I understand that the carrier may be locked but thats not the big issue right now.

I need to know if this is possible and what I have to do to restore photos and the like after its all done.

Thanks so much for your help!
    Last edited by Zildog; 2010-08-14 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks

Yes, you can jailbreak. Use either spirit or jailbreakme.com. As for your pics, messages and contacts it sounds like you chose to set up as a new phone instead of restore from backup. That's why they didn't get put back on the phone. You'd have to restore from backup to get those back on the phone. In order to get a 4.0 backup to restore to a phone that's on 3.1.3, you have modify a plist in the backup.