Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant downgrade even with shsh blobs?

Default Cant downgrade even with shsh blobs?
    Ok guys I'm having a dilemma. I HATE iOS4.0 so much I want to go back to 3.1.3. When I use TinyUmbrella to check my SHSH Blobs it says I only have 4.0.1 saved, when I go into cydia it says I have 3.1.2,3.1.,4.0, 4.0.1 saved. Please help.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

So what's the problem? Have you even attempted to downgrade yet?... Point your host file to Cydia and DFU restore back to 3.1.2. You'll get error 1015 b/c your baseband doesn't downgrade then use irecovery to boot up.

Downgrade iPhone 3G OS 4.0 to 3.1.3 or lower | jailbreak

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Letmekilluplz (2010-08-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    So what's the problem? Have you even attempted to downgrade yet?... Point your host file to Cydia and DFU restore back to 3.1.2. You'll get error 1015 b/c your baseband doesn't downgrade then use irecovery to boot up.

Downgrade iPhone 3G OS 4.0 to 3.1.3 or lower | jailbreak
    AHAHA I got it right the first time. I assumed that error 1015 meant it didn't work. Thanks for the quick reply I checked my about and I'm back on 3.1.3

Sorry about this useless post as I'm really feeling dumb atm.

{SOLVED} Mods feel free to close this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Congrats on the success

before you close this i have a similar issue of sorts but.. maybe slightly harder to sort..
    house was robbed 3gs and laptop etc stollen im now back on my old 3g which had shsh back to 3.1.2 and was only running 3.1.3 but i had been having alot of issues with syncing to my laptop (turned out to be a usb error) due to it being stollen though and me having to re set up this phone etc something went to crap and it did a restore and wouldnt allow me to do it without upgrading ... or maybe i was impatient at the time and missed something. phone is showing shsh for 4.0 but i want to get back to 3.1.3 ive looked at the ways to do it putting it to DFU then shift restore choose 3.1.3 but it tells me its not a valid version of firmware.

any ideas on where i go from here ? 4.0.1 on a 3g is a bit like inserting a pine cone where i dont want it

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Get a copy of iTunes 9.1.1, that should do it. Then your downgrade should proceed unhindered. iRecboot should kick you out of recovery at the end. I think TinyUmbrella's "kick out of recovery" button will do the same.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

i just this a couple days ago i used the latest itunes no problems i downloaded 3.1.2 for the 3g in itunes hit shift and restore point it at your firmware you just downloaded let itunes do its thing then use tiny unbrella to kick it out of recovery mode then use blackrain to jailbreak

thanks to both of you ill try it when i get home tonight.. any ideas though why its telling me the firmware (3.1.3) is invalid ? ive tried downloading 3 different copies of the same firmware and gotten the same response... maybe ill try 3.1.2 and see if that works better

your a champion that worked like a charm.. no idea why it wont go to 3.1.3 but 3.1.2 is all good with me and then it seems i can go up from there no hassles. cheers for the help its much appreciated

this way seems easier then bothing with the shsh blobs too. or maybe its my limited knowledge who knows but still between cydia and tiny umbrella there seems to be a solution to most things
    Last edited by fixmyphone..plz; 2010-08-16 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have an iPad that was on 3.2.1 and the SHSH is on file with Cydia and I went to restore settings and it went into a continuous loop so I figured I'd just restore. Well not when trying to restore I keep getting the error 3194 when trying. I don't want to go to 3.2.2 and loose my jailbreak.

So will this work the same way for 3.1.3 or do i need to do the shsh?

I'm asking because I need to downgrade back to 3.1.3 and I haven't found an exact answer to my question. Should I start a new thread or keep asking random questions in other peoples threads?

im not sure yet why i cant go back to 3.1.3 but i can to 3.1.2 easy solution though is go back to 3.1.2 then up to 3.1.3... i havent yet done it myself as i havent had a need but it is on my to do list... i have a phone im working on tomorrow that i might give it a try with and then post my results for you.. i still havent found a reason yet why i can go to 3.1.2 no worries but i cant go to 3.1.3

Thanks

Just go down to 3.1.2 then up to 3.1.3 I used tiny umbrella to get out of recovery

I don't think i can because I never had shsh for 3.1.2.

Thanks

What phone do you have

Hey guys. Something went wrong this week with packages I installed. For some reason I had a Backgrounder update and as I updated the following occurred: SBsettings no longer works but is listed as installed, 5 icon dock and 5 icon switcher are said to be installed and do not work and activator is no longer working. I tried to Reinstall as well as Remove and Install again... Nothing. I want to restore via local 4.0 SHSH but I actually do not know how. I searched the web and got nowhere, I seen this threat and thought I'd ask. Can someone help me out. Btw I also have 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 on cydia. How could I restore via cydia as well? Thanks a lot guys!!

dude i need help. . . i sat down to do everything and I cannot get to the server that has my shsh. . . how do I get to sauriks server?

Thanks

If tiny umbrella won't work you will have to edit your host file

I can't get the files to save the information I am putting it. It throws up an error and tells me I can't save because the file can't be recognized. They are there though. I've got three back up files. I'm assuming 3.1.3 4.0 and 4.0.1. So now how can I get them to ping the server so I can have the shsh server sign my stuff?

Basic explanation as simple as possible. I'm so frustrated with myself right now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast