Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yet another newb post. Kinda effed. help?

Default Yet another newb post. Kinda effed. help?
    Hey all.

Ive been trying to jailbreak this iphone 3gs for a good 12 hours now and nothing i do seems to work. And it looks like i MAY be screwed. Heres the scenario.

I had an iPhone 3G with rogers. I sold it and bought a 3Gs locked to telus off kijiji. The owner wiped it on the spot and i have no way of getting past the activation screen to do the Jailbreakme.com method.

Im basically stuck at the activation screen. so far ive tried just about everything. Buying a telus simcard (ripoff 10 bucks.). The phone doesnt complain about the sim card but itunes does. So im blocked there

Ive made my custom ipsw for 3.1.3, 4.0, and 4.0.1. nothing. I get the 1600 and 1604 errors. Probably because i dont have the saurik server itunes fooling thinger. Since this phone has never been jailbroken before.

I was thinking of trying spirit. and my last firmware on the phone is 4.0.1 so spirit is out.

Ive been ripping my hair out with this and i cant seem to get it to work. I really need the phone for calling and stuff (i have a blackberry but i had my plan changed already thinking that this would be as easy as jailbreaking my iphone 3G).

PLS help! If there are any specs you need to know pls ask.

iphone 3GS - 16 gig,
    macbook pro 2.3
    bootcamped into windows if need be.
    and i assume new bootloader? The phone has been updated to 4.0.1.

thanks for any help!

one last thing, i dont care if im on os3 or os4. just as long as i can use the phone, but os4 would be nicer.

well i grabbed a fido sim and bypassed the activation screen. I checked the box and got the model # and double checked the network it was locked to.

So im all jailbroken and unlocked. Thanks for the help...
    Last edited by Silver_EM; 2010-08-13 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost