Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it absolutely impossible to downgrade?

Default Is it absolutely impossible to downgrade?
    If I didn't save the SHSH or whatever on Cydia's servers?

There's really NO way around it? How was I supposed to know 4.0 would suck so much for Jailbreaking?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleT For This Useful Post:

Tahar03 (2010-08-25)

Thanks

That is correct.

Default Maybe???
    Assuming you do have 4.0 and 4.01 SHSH blobs... (we ALL have those, don't we?)

Hows this? I have no idea if it really works.

[Tutorial] Pwn your Old Bootrom 3GS on 4.0
    AUGUST 4, 2010 | BY BRANDON | TUTORIALS, IPHONE
    So you only have blobs for 4.0 or 4.0.1 but you want to pwn your iPhone 3GS huh? Well heres how.
    First you need to download: Spirit2Pwn_rc3 and PwnageTool 4.0.1
    Then you need to jailbreak your iPhone by visiting JailbreakMe
    Once your jailbroken, open Cydia, do the required updates and install OpenSSH
    Using terminal log into your phone to get the authentication out of the way by using “ssh [email protected]<iPhone_IP>” where <iPhone_IP> is your iphones wifi IP address.
    Unzip the contents of spirit2pwn_rc3.zip to your desktop Use PwnageTool4.0.1 to make a custom IPSW (add what
    ever you want to it) Change the .ipsw to .zip and open it up. Copy all the files from
    *_Custom_Restore\Firmware\all_flash\all_flash.n88a p.production to the spirit2pwn_rc3 folder on your desktop
    Using and FTP program like CyberDuck copy the contents of spirit2pwn_rc3 to /tmp on your iPhone Next use terminal to log into your iphone “ssh [email protected]<iPhone_IP>” Then enter the follow (pressing return after each line break) cd /tmp
    chmod 755 ./pwn_old_boot_rc3.sh ./pwn_old_boot_rc3 After less than a minute it should say success and then you can restore using a custom ipsw in iTunes! Welcome back aboard the jailbreak train!

i'l try this
    No signature spam...only warning

Any news if this works?

I'm curious

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

4.0.1 is still being signed so you can just download the 4.0.1 firmware and shift-restore in iTunes.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Here's what I've heard. You can downgrade from iOS 4 to a 3.x.x release without shsh blobs if you have an iPod Touch 2G Non-MC model or an iPhone 3G. Google "CNET TV" and they have video instructions on how to downgrade the iPhone 3G. I'm still trying to work around how to downgrade an iPod Touch 2G Non-MC model...

Spirit2pwn has been known to permanently brick iPhones in some cases. I would urge anyone to stay away from it if they don't know EXACTLY what they are doing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PWNsyst3m For This Useful Post:

Captain Nevada-tan (2010-08-16)