Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Urgent Help

Default Urgent Help
    ok i have the 3194 problem too ... and i need help desperately ... i bought my iphone 3gs running on 3.1.2 from hk in the unlocked condition ... i then used blackrain for an untethered jailbreak which worked perfectly fine ... i then tried to use spirit for tethered jb and i dont know what happened but now my phones stuck in a loop in recovery mode ... i followed all the steps in all d tutorials regarding the hosts files but im still getting the 3194 error ... the stupidest thing is i dint upload my shsh keys on sauriks server ... is there anyway out of this ? can i atleast get my phone to start working even if it means using the 4.0 software ? plz plz plz help

Do you have your SHSH keys on your own PC?

nope dont think so ... does apple still sign 3.1.3 ? coz i havent tried restoring it to that ... as far as what iv read everywhere if i dont have the shsh keys then the only other option i have is to switch to 4.0 n wait ... which i dont mind as long as im not stuck with this recovery loop

u think using irecovery or tinyumbrella will help ?
    Last edited by rahulmrajani; 2010-08-10 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No, at the moment, Apple is only signing 4.0.1.

Ok, in that case, you need to restore 4.0.1, and SAVE YOUR SHSH IMMEDIATELY!! Apple will very soon stop signing 4.0.1, probably in the next few days, and if that happens before you save your SHSH keys, you will not be able to jailbreak with the current tools.

(you can jailbreak 4.0.1 by visiting the website JailbreakMe)
    Last edited by mateo_au; 2010-08-10 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok thanks ...what do i use to jailbreak 4.0.1 ? n to save the shsh all i have to do is use cydia right ? ... also how do i get out of this recovery loop ? ... jus download the 4.0.1 firmware n use the shift+restore to select it ? will that work ?

Can you put the phone in DFU mode? (ie. black screen, not screen with disk-and-USB-cable) If so, and iTunes recognises it as an iPhone needing recovery, then iTunes will be able to download and restore the 4.0.1 firmware. Make sure you set the phone up as a new phone, and don't try to restore your backup, just let iTunes resync everything from scratch.

To save your SHSH, I suggest to use TinyUmbrella, so you can request Cydia to retrieve your SHSH for 4.0.1, and also save a local copy to your PC for future reference.

thats the whole problem ! i tried to fix the phone in dfu mode by following all d instructions ... was able to get d plane black screen n d pop up from itunes but got the same 394 error when i tried to restore... how do i set it up as a new phone ? :s

slso what version of itunes should i use
    Last edited by rahulmrajani; 2010-08-10 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What firmware version were you trying to restore when you got the 3194 error? If it was anything other than 4.0.1, then this is expected, since you don't have and can no longer get SHSH blobs for other builds.

After you do the restore, you will be prompted whether you want to restore from backup or set up as a new phone -- you need to select the latter.

For restoring firmware 4.0.1, I recently used iTunes 9.2 with no problem on my 3GS.

ok will follow ur instructions n get back to u ... also ... i had backed up my fone before the whole problem started so will i be able to get back my contacts n all the other settings from d back up after i upgrade to 4.0.1 ?

Well, with the Mac, all contacts, appointments, etc. are synced up with Adressbook, iCal, etc.. So, after you install as a new phone, all this info, together with your apps and so on, gets synced over. If you use Windows, and had something similar set up (eg. with MS-Outlook) then it should work similar.

The apps will be like new, so you may need to re-enter some settings. And of course, any jailbreak apps will need to be manually reinstalled, after you jailbreak again.

You can't restore the backup, though, if it was taken againt 3.2.1, and you are restoring 4.0.1, because the backup will contain files from 3.2.1 that are incompatible with the new 4.0.1 release.

Quote Originally Posted by mateo_au View Post
    No, at the moment, Apple is only signing 4.0.1.

Ok, in that case, you need to restore 4.0.1, and SAVE YOUR SHSH IMMEDIATELY!! Apple will very soon stop signing 4.0.1, probably in the next few days, and if that happens before you save your SHSH keys, you will not be able to jailbreak with the current tools.

(you can jailbreak 4.0.1 by visiting the website JailbreakMe)
    Could this work for a non ATT user without a valid SIM Card, maybe a way to bypass the activation to get to jailbreakme?

Your phone needs to be activated before you can use the jailbreakme site. This seems to be an issue mainly affecting those based in the USA, so better to consult the Americans on ways to get around this.