Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any help pleases

Default Any help pleases
    I have just jb my 3GS and on cydia home screen it says that " this device has SHSH on file for ios 4.0.1 and 4.0. Even know I didn't save them for 4.0! Dose this mean I can downgrade to 4.0 from 4.0.1? As I have loads of issues with 4.0.1 i.e really slow and conection failures. If I can do this, how is it done from using the files cydia? I'll be very grateful for any info and help

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Not sure if downgrading will help as 4.0 and 4.0.1 are almost exactly the same except for the signal bar "fix" but you can google iphone firmware umbrella. That should help you downgrade to 4.0 if you still want to. Just out of curiosity what type of connection failures are you having?

Hi x98car. Conection problems are 3G and edge wifi also have dropped calls but it's still connected and the only way to disconnect is to turn the phone off. Phone is so slow to use and take ages to open SMS messages and to load the texts I sent, lack of signal where as I have a friend on 3.1.2 and his is full bars. When I was on 4.0 my iPhone had no problems at all and was really quick, which is why I want to go back to 4.0 to see if I can get it working normally again

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Strange, I have been having issued with app store and itunes not connecting over 3G, not sure if it is related to updating to 4.0.1 or that I switched carriers recently. Either way iphone firmware umbrella should help you downgrade.