Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So, jailbreakme.com...

For those getting stuck at purple screen try turning off pop up blocker in safari it worked for me

Well I'll through in my experinece now (couldn't last night, was very late!)

I had a Jailbroken 3GS on 3.1.3, new bootrom jailbroken with Spirit.

I backed up with iTunes, updated to 4.0.1 and then visited jailbreakme.com. Did the slider, next thing I know I've got Cydia on my homescreen

I went into Cydia which was running very slow (probably servers packed with people now on iOS 4 lol) and when I tried to d/l SBSettings I was warned it might make Cydia cease to work. Same with Lockinfo so I just left it.

I updated Cydia this morning and all is well. Lockinfo and SBsettings installed with a few other things and everything is running very smoothly.

Though I had a glitch when games that I'd put in a folder started to disapear. It was ok though, it was due to having had "catergories"installed on 3.1.3 and "poof" which had made them hidden. I just d/l "poof" and made them visible again.

Hope this helps someone!

Help, I'm getting an opps error, saying could not find host server? Any know how to get around this? Thanks in advance.

im also having a problem adding ***************, im getting a "failed to fetch" and "failed cache" error.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-08-03 at 03:59 AM.

"I backed up with iTunes, updated to 4.0.1 and then visited jailbreakme.com. Did the slider, next thing I know I've got Cydia on my homescreen"

Hi Kaepora,
    Did you restore first to "un-jailbreak", or does it do it automatically?

Thumbs down So i installed MYWI and...
    3gs 4.0 got stuck in safemode after installing mywi and also have a bunch of errors in cydia 4example Bigboss nodata refresh or something like that and Modmyi samething. and some more ...so far this kinda sucks for me . I hope im able to figure it out. Oh and I also got the Outta Memory thinbg to. I have 32 Gig empty but im sure its the system partition its referring to . Wich is probably why my phone just slowed own so much to . FIX this please.
    I wish I had a Nikel for every time ive dropped my phone!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You have to restore to 4.0 or 4.0.1, activate it and use safari to do the jailbreak.

Anyone else's push notifications not working post-Jailbreak on a 3GS? My Facebook notifications work but Words With Friends doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by pwnerman0311 View Post
    hey i was running iphone 3gs new bootrom and i had it jailbroken with spirit and it was great and i heard about jailbreakme.com so i was like sweet and i updated to 4.0.1 and i went to the site and jailbroke it and it was good then i downloaded aptbackup and restored all my apps like it says but then when it rebooted it wont leave safe mode and i cant get in any of the apps could someone plz tell me how to fix this or downgrade to 3.1.3 cuz i cant find anything
    If you have OpenSSH installed, log on and go to /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries, change all .dylib extensions with .disable and reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by ismaelae86 View Post
    im also having a problem adding ***************, im getting a "failed to fetch" and "failed cache" error.
    if your talking about cydia sources not working what you have to do is go into ifile and go to the main screen with a back slash then click on etc then on the next screen tap apt after that some folders come up if you notices on cydia which source(s) wernt working just tap on the sources.list.d and edit the bad source out it works great

Hey,

I am on 3.1.3, new bootrom, not previously jailbroken and used jailbreakme.com, and I have cydia! It's ace. I want to try 4.0 and backed up the shsh but it says it has 4.0 keys, not 3.1.3... I have never had 4 on here... Any ideas? Not sure if I can update and go back?

I'm sorry but Because apple stopped signing the 3.1.3 firmware it is impossible to downgrade back to 3.1.3 be sure to save all the shshs from now on be sure to have cydia save them automatically and it would be a good idea to download tinyumbrella on your computer and save them locally on your computer pref where u know they are lol just save your shsh's from now on so u can downgrade and another thing the new firmware (4.0.1) is out so it would be practical to install it. Also jailbreakme.com works but be VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL with what you download from cydia most packages WILL NOT work and will put your phone in constant safe mode then you have to full restore. Here is a link to a site that will help inform you what is safe to download. Ps some cydia apps will want to download other files that will not work just look at what's getting installed. Hope this helps I was writing this on my jailbroken 3GS on 4.0.1 so =] good luck P.S don't restore from a backup program like aptbackup cuz it will brick your phone
    Last edited by pwnerman0311; 2010-08-06 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Not correct

This is the thing I am on 3.1.3 but cydia thinks it has made my life easier and saved shsh for 4! But it can't have as i am not on 4?

It has made your life easier by saving the 4.0 shsh so when you upgrade to 4.0.1 you can downgrade to 4.0 your too late to save your 3.1.3 firmware shsh because apple stopped signing them plus the link for what I said above is.... https://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?k...owsperpage=250

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12