Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Jailbreak - have I missed the boat...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3GS Jailbreak - have I missed the boat...
    After googling this to death over the weekend and reading a ton of articles I've convinced myself that I might be **** out of luck here but looking for a resolute answer from those who are definately more in the know than me!

Currently running 3GS (16Gb for what its worth), running OS 4.0. Always been sync'd with iTunes on Apple Mac OSX (now running Snow Leopard). I've got an old bootrom, but I've never used cydia, nor done anything with my SHSH (only learnt about them on Friday!) so I understand I might have missed out.

Any advice welcome on whether I can jailbreak would be appreciated. Sorry for the *noob* comments, we all have to start somewhere but as I said, did read plenty of articles before posting but as conclusive guides/information is a bit sketchy in places.

Happy to answer any questions or give any information this post lacked!

Cheers.

TC.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

The Firmware Umbrella go there and save your your SHSH if you have't already then just have to sit and wait for the JB supposedly this weekend.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Seann. I had read about umbrella but wasn't sure what it was/meant but after reading about it now it sounds good.

New JB imminent? Sounds like a good time to get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

Cheers for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCake View Post
    Thanks Seann. I had read about umbrella but wasn't sure what it was/meant but after reading about it now it sounds good.

New JB imminent? Sounds like a good time to get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

Cheers for the help.
    We need more people in the community like you.
    Last edited by kaepora; 2010-07-28 at 10:19 AM. Reason: sp*

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaepora View Post
    We need more people in the community like you.
    I try. Hoping to become more regular on here as I get up to speed with the iPhone.

Seann - thanks for your comment about Umbrella. I've now saved my SHSH (locally + backedup to external USB) and to Cydia so now sitting tight and spending spare time reading the forum.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well. The new JB from Comex has worked a treat me. Followed the simple instructions and now happily running Cydia. Job done.

Simples.

Pleased to hear! Welcome to the Jailbreak party. There's cake