Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS ios4.0.1 no blobs locked. Will I be able to JB in near future?

Unhappy iPhone 3GS ios4.0.1 no blobs locked. Will I be able to JB in near future?
    I own iPhone 3GS ios4.0.1 with no blobs. Locked to AT&T(Nazis). Have moved to U.K. Will I be able to jailbreak in the near future/ever or should I just cut my losses and ebay it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

A jailbreak at iOS 4.0 or 4.0.1 will be out soon.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

jfgod (2010-07-26), raymen864 (2010-07-26)

How soon?

WIthin the week, month year?
    Last edited by jfgod; 2010-07-26 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Soon - there's still a few more issues to sort out (eg. with Facetime). Should be within the next couple of weeks or so, I'd guess...

BTW, save your 4.0.1 SHSH blobs now, otherwise if Apple releases an update, you might not be able to use the jailbreak.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mateo_au For This Useful Post:

jfgod (2010-07-27)

So with the JB soon to be released will I be able to JB and unlock my iphone 3Gs iOS 4 (8a293) with modem firmware 05.13.04???

Should I save my SHSH blogs too? is tinyumbrella ok?

ow yea and I have old bootrom
    Last edited by nosmoko; 2010-08-02 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The jailbreak is out now!

Just visit jailbreakme.com on your iPhone and it will do all the hardwork for you. The unlock is due out tomorrow, but these things can get delayed. Rest assured that it's being worked on though!

Tinyumbrella is a good way to back up your blobs because you have a local save of them (on you computer) and with out being Jailbroken you can't back them up to Cydia anyway.

Hi kaepora,

Is www.jailbreakme.come for my iPhone?

I am from India. Got my iPhone 3gs couple of weeks back, when i received the iPhone it was running on 4. The iPhone has never been jailbroken so no SHSH saved. Whenvere i start my iPhone it goes into emergency mode, if i connect to itune it asks me to insert SIM. Now the question is:

Can i connect my iphone to internet (through wifi, computer USB) to connect to jailbreakme.com and jailbreak the iPhone or i will have to wait further for an application to be released like (redsn0w or blackra1n). any help in this will be greatly appreciated.

I have been waiting for the solution since long. My iPhone is a dead brick right now :-(

Thanks in advance,

B

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminRosenthal View Post
    Hi kaepora,

Is www.jailbreakme.come for my iPhone?

I am from India. Got my iPhone 3gs couple of weeks back, when i received the iPhone it was running on 4. The iPhone has never been jailbroken so no SHSH saved. Whenvere i start my iPhone it goes into emergency mode, if i connect to itune it asks me to insert SIM. Now the question is:

Can i connect my iphone to internet (through wifi, computer USB) to connect to jailbreakme.com and jailbreak the iPhone or i will have to wait further for an application to be released like (redsn0w or blackra1n). any help in this will be greatly appreciated.

I have been waiting for the solution since long. My iPhone is a dead brick right now :-(

Thanks in advance,

B
    Your phone needs to be operating in order to use it.

Your best bet is to try and restore to 4.0.1 then when the phone is booted up, open Safari and follow the link to jailbreakme.com and follow the very straightforward instructions. That's it! It really is the easiest jailbreak yet lol

My phone is not operating. As soon as i start it goes into emergency call mode. I am using vodafone India carrier. Any chances to Jb?

Thanks,

B

Can you restore it with iTunes?

yes i can restore with iTunes. Once i restore it goes to emrgency mode screen. What to do from here?

Thanks,

B

Basicaly, you can't be on emergency mode. You have to have the device start up as a regular iPhone.

Try putting your phone into DFU mode and then connecting it to iTunes, it will tell you it's in recovery mode and needs to be restored. Google for some better insructions but it's basicaly this:

* First you need to turn off iPhone.
    * Then you need to press the power and home button at the same time.
    * Now you will able to get the Apple logo. When you able to view that, simply release the power button. But, don't release the home button.

* Now open the iTunes and then it will ask you to restore mode.

Just would like to mention here is, i am based in India so i am using a Sim of an Indian carrier vodafone and the phone is locked. Ccan this be the reason that it starts in emrgency mode. Any solution?

Thanks,

B

That's a shame, you need to have the phone activated in order to use the Jailbreak.

It would be worth using google to find out how to get your phone past the emergency call screen, I've helped you all I can. Once you're past that then you'll be fine

Thanks a Ton Dude. You have been of a great help.

Thanks,

B

Quote Originally Posted by kaepora View Post
    That's a shame, you need to have the phone activated in order to use the Jailbreak.

It would be worth using google to find out how to get your phone past the emergency call screen, I've helped you all I can. Once you're past that then you'll be fine

Hi Kaepora. I am trying to jb/unlock three iPhones and I have many questions since I am very new at this.

1) I have one 3Gs already jb/unlock 3.1.2os from blackra1n (I just want to update it to 4.0.1), but the SHSH file is still pending on Cydia since July 30. Will I need to use TinyUmbrella to backup my SHSH file? Do I need to update to 4.0.1. in iTunes then go to jailbreakme.com to jailbreak it then go to Cydia and search for ultrasn0w to unlock it? I am afraid if I update it through iTunes my already jb 3Gs will become a brick.

2)The other 3Gs has never been jb/unlock. I previously bought it at AT&T waiting for a jb/unlock. It is on 4.0os with 5.13.04 firmware. I saw you mentioned the phone needs to be activated in order to use the jb. Does this mean with my AT&T sim card I can go to jailbreakme.com to jb and unlock with ultrasn0w since I am able to use it as a phone? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question. I just want to be clear and understand the steps. I am really afraid of my phone turning into a brick.

3) My aunt accidently updated her iPhone 3G to 4.0.1. Now her T-Mobile sim card says "No Service" on the phone and she can no longer get wi-fi. So she gave me her phone and got a new jb/unlock iPhone. I doubt she knew what she was doing and I am assuming she never backed up her SHSH file. Cydia is just a white icon on the phone. Is there a way for me to re-jb/unlock this phone? Do I need to restore to 4.0.1. through iTunes in order for me to jailbreak with jailbreakme.com?

4) I've downloaded the Umbrella program to backup the SHSH files but I am running on 64bit. Do I have to find a different OS or is there another program that can work on 64bit that I may have overlooked or not read and understand correctly?

Thank you for everyone's patience and time to answer all of these noob questions. I've done a lot of research and reading articles but I am getting mix reviews so I am hoping someone can help me here. I wish I can take people out for happy hour for the help given to me.

dude you need to first unlock the phone before jailbreak. the unlock should be out by now on various sites.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aquajc View Post
    dude you need to first unlock the phone before jailbreak. the unlock should be out by now on various sites.
    Um no.... The only way to unlock is to jailbreak FIRST. Esspecially since the current unlock is applied through Cydia.

@pimpsterritard
    1-that phone just use iTunes to update it to 4.0.1. Use the sim that came from AT&T to activate it. Go to jailbreakme.com in safari on the phone to jailbreak. Install ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock.

2- Same as number 1 except it's already on 4.0.1 so you don't have to update before jailbreaking

3- Again same as number one. It's still jailbroken but somethings wrong with it and it needs to be restored.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-08-07 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello,

I have a similar situation. I've got an iPhone 3GS on original 4.0.1 and I'm stuck in the emergency call screen since I don't have the original sim and I'm not able to get one. I also don't have any blobs saved. I got the iPhone with the 4.0, then I jailbroke it with jailbreakme.com and then I did press the "make my life easier" in Cydia. Later, I accidentally updated to 4.0.1 and my iPhone got locked and became unjailbroken again and now I'm stuck in the emergency screen. I can't visit jailbreakme.com nor restore with a custom (pwned) 4.0 (or earlier) or even with an original 4.0 (ar earlier). Is there any way out?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by sharamiai View Post
    Hello,

I have a similar situation. I've got an iPhone 3GS on original 4.0.1 and I'm stuck in the emergency call screen since I don't have the original sim and I'm not able to get one. I also don't have any blobs saved. I got the iPhone with the 4.0, then I jailbroke it with jailbreakme.com and then I did press the "make my life easier" in Cydia. Later, I accidentally updated to 4.0.1 and my iPhone got locked and became unjailbroken again and now I'm stuck in the emergency screen. I can't visit jailbreakme.com nor restore with a custom (pwned) 4.0 (or earlier) or even with an original 4.0 (ar earlier). Is there any way out?

Thanks in advance!
    Get a "phonebook" SIM-Card to activate it, then use jailbreakme.com to jailbreak, and download ultrasn0w to unlock.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to iPh0neX For This Useful Post:

sharamiai (2010-08-09)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast