Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTouch 3g, from OS4 back to 3?

Default iTouch 3g, from OS4 back to 3?
    Last night my iTouch was restored from being jailbroke and on OS3 via iTunes, which then proceeded with putting OS4 on my itouch. Not knowing there was no jailbreak I allowed this to happen, only realize my mistake afterwards.

My iTouch is now just running OS4, but has nothing on it and is basically what an iTouch would be out of the box. I've tried following several guides on how to downgrade but everytime I do I get an error message stating that the firmware is not compatible (when I hold shift and click restore, using an ipsw file that I downloaded for the OS3... I've tried several different files and nothing works.

I either need to get back to OS3 and jailbreak or get OS4 jailbroke. Main reason why is that I need the no accessory app from Cydia so I can control my iTouch while it's plugged into my car stereo.

I've read several threads but with every ipsw file I find, I still get the same error about the firmware not being compatible.

Edit:

I have no back ups of anything from the iTouch, however there are no files that I am worried about losing on my iTouch (obviously). I'm not very familiar with Apple products but if I have a general guide of how to do something I can generally get it to work. And I'm dealing with insanely slow AT&T wifi here, so each firmware download I make takes about 35 minutes.. Ugh.
    Last edited by Khaos91; 2010-07-25 at 12:30 AM.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

You are out of luck unless you had your shsh blobs saved. You can use tinyumbrella to see if you have them saved on cydia, if so you can downgrade. If not you are out of luck until the new jb comes out very soon.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

I was fearing this.

Is there anyway to turn off the "accessory connected" screen without a jailbreak?