Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS Newbootrom Downgrading To 3.1.3 With SHSH Blobs Saved On Cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3GS Newbootrom Downgrading To 3.1.3 With SHSH Blobs Saved On Cydia
    Ok Im sure this has been answered a million times and I apologize in advance if Im repeating thing that have already been answered but Im just really lost right now and I'm trying to figure this out. Im pretty much a noob.

Here is my situation...

I have a 3gs newbootroom which was recently jailbroken with spirt. Something happened to my phone where I was stuck in a loop so I had to do a restore, It updated me to 4.0 and I lost my jailbreak. I do have my 3.1.3 shsh blobs saved. What I was wondering was is it possiable to get my jailbreak back? What does having my shsh blobs saved do for me? And if this possiable how do I go about doing this??

Thanks and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction

Thanks

Download TinyUmbrella...this will allow you to setup a local server to verify the 3Gs 3.1.3 blobs on Cydia. You should get a 1015 error in iTunes when it's almost done installing the firmware.

After the error, your phone will be on the recovery screen. The easiest way to get out of this is use iRecovery. This will boot the phone in normal mode. If you have an AT&T sim, activate the phone and jailbreak using Spirit as normal.

You can find TinyUmbrella and a guide to using iRecovery by quick a Google search. I don't know the rules to posting links but this should be all the info you need to be back up and running.

Hope this helps.
    Friendly Computers.com
    Nationwide PC & iRepair Services

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FCVegas For This Useful Post:

Shadyraver (2010-07-23)

This is how I was downgrading on a hackintosh. Download TinyUmbrella, hit "Start TSS Server". Download the 3.1.3 firmware for your phone, open up iTunes, hold down shift + click on restore, select the 3.1.3 firmware and your phone should restore back to 3.1.3, then just JB with Spirit again.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RyanDavid For This Useful Post:

Shadyraver (2010-07-23)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank You..Im going to try and figure this out..I'll post my progress to let you know if I was successful or not

So what does having the 3.1.3 SHSH blobs do for me?? I keep hearing "make sure you back them up" So mine are backed up..What is the benefit of having it backed up and how do I use the backup? Do I need to??
    Last edited by Shadyraver; 2010-07-23 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I was in this exact situation, and had saved my SHSH's to Cydia (not locally though) but when I came to try and downgrade I found that the SHSH's were no longer on Cydia (if they were ever there properly in the first place) bugger!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't think I saved mine locally either on Cydia..I saved them when my Iphone was jailbroken..I used the make my life easier button..I do recall seeing when I stated Cydia everytime at the top that my ShSh files are saved

Is that anyway I can check Cydia's server to see if it is Saved?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadyraver View Post
    I don't think I saved mine locally either on Cydia..I saved them when my Iphone was jailbroken..I used the make my life easier button..I do recall seeing when I stated Cydia everytime at the top that my ShSh files are saved

Is that anyway I can check Cydia's server to see if it is Saved?
    Yes there's a guide in the downgrade section that describes how to check using Tinyumbrella