Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Fresh Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 4.0.1

Default How to Fresh Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 4.0.1
    I've been trying to jailbreak my iPhone for several days now. I feel like I've tried everything. I didn't decide to jailbreak until after I had updated to 4.0.1 therefore I don't have any SHSH blobs saved. I've tried pwnage tool 4.0 but then I finally saw that you had to have been previously JB so that didn't work. I tried 3.1.2 but I got a few error messages, with the final one being that this device is no longer eligible. This is when I learned of SHSH blobs. Is there any way to downgrade without the SHSH blobs saved? I don't care about having to leave 4.0, I just want to jailbreak. Finally, after I had given up on trying to do it by myself I decided to just try and save my SHSH blobs from 4.0.1. This is where I'm stuck now. I used tiny umbrella but where it should recognize the device it says INVALID X.X.X (XXXX). It says I've saved my SHSH blobs but it says that they are for 4.0, not 4.0.1 and they will only work if the device and software match up. How do I for sure save my 4.0.1 SHSH blobs? Where are these saved at for when I do need to use them? I am a new Mac owner so using terminal is extremely tricky for me. Any constructive comments will be welcomed.

Wait for the ios4 jailbreak. it'll be out in a few days. there's no way currently if you don't have your SHSH blobs saved. end of discussion

hmmm most people say its on the way in a few days...now I just got my 3gs and its on 5.13.04....and been reading since more than 3 weeks that few days few days..but still nothing..
    any one know any thing about this?

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    hmmm most people say its on the way in a few days...now I just got my 3gs and its on 5.13.04....and been reading since more than 3 weeks that few days few days..but still nothing..
    any one know any thing about this?
    Read the news on the home page. This is different from previous guesstimates. There has been updates on twitter.

yes i keep reading everyday still no sign of the release dat...but will keep reading everyday

So if I have a 3gs , not mc model on 4.0 never jailbroken , will I be able to jailbreak with the new release everyone is waiting for ? Or am I screwed because it had to have been jailbroken before and saved shsh blobs??

Quote Originally Posted by roro24satx View Post
    So if I have a 3gs , not mc model on 4.0 never jailbroken , will I be able to jailbreak with the new release everyone is waiting for ? Or am I screwed because it had to have been jailbroken before and saved shsh blobs??
    You should be fine! From what I've read in other topics it should be able to jailbreak all current iDevices!

iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Thanks

You can still save your blobs with Tiny Um. if you want to by checking the advanced box and make sure you select your device(3Gs) and that it says 4.0.1...click save then you will not get the XXXinvalid error...
    If I were you I would just watch for the jailbreak...

I had that same problem. Then I updated to the newest TinyUmbrella and it didn't show up as invalid after that. Now that I have my "blobs" saved, what's next? I've been working on this for hours and still no luck. Please someone help.

Guys, i have similar problem as the OP.
    I have an iPhone 3Gs, old bootrom, and i accidently updated to 4.0.1.
    i just acquired the iphone recently, and it was already on 4.0 when i got it.
    i wasnt able to save any shsh blobs or jailbreak it on any previous firmwares.
    is there any way i can jailbreak it NOW, or do i have to wait?

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't get it... How do people update by accident? I've had the first three iPhones and I have not ever upgreaded by mistake... People should be more cautious. I mean iTunes askes more then once if you want to update software. Pay attention people....

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sparky View Post
    I don't get it... How do people update by accident? I've had the first three iPhones and I have not ever upgreaded by mistake... People should be more cautious. I mean iTunes askes more then once if you want to update software. Pay attention people....
    I was stuck in recovery mode and had no choice but to update

Quote Originally Posted by konigswagger View Post
    Wait for the ios4 jailbreak. it'll be out in a few days. there's no way currently if you don't have your SHSH blobs saved. end of discussion
    Few days!?!? That would be awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sparky View Post
    I don't understand either, unless they just randomly click stuff w/o reading anything. But I think in general, updating anything right away (except for anti-virus programs) is a bad idea.

My iPhone came already updated to 4.0.1. So there's no way to fresh jailbreak/unlock 4.0.1 yet? Is there a workaround like downgrading to 3.1.3 to fresh jailbreak and then jailbreaking again with 4.0 or something?

So in order to save your shah blobs do I need to be jailbroken? Do I request from apple? It says it will not save them that way? I don't have anything with Cydia yet so I dont know how it would save to something I don't have yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AEFO View Post
    So in order to save your shah blobs do I need to be jailbroken? Do I request from apple? It says it will not save them that way? I don't have anything with Cydia yet so I dont know how it would save to something I don't have yet.
    No, you can back them up on an iphone that is not jailbroken yet..
    Go to The Firmware Umbrella and download tiny umbrella, launch the app and you'll see a prompt to save you SHSH files.. that's it =)

iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Thanks

You do not have to be jailbroken. Save them to your desktop...WATCH the vid by Jima6636.....

Quote Originally Posted by brnxblaze View Post
    My iPhone came already updated to 4.0.1. So there's no way to fresh jailbreak/unlock 4.0.1 yet? Is there a workaround like downgrading to 3.1.3 to fresh jailbreak and then jailbreaking again with 4.0 or something?
    Same as me, you have to wait until they come out with a jailbreak for ppl on iOS 4 and not jailbroken. No way to downgrade if you haven't been jailbroken before.

Quote Originally Posted by AEFO View Post
    You have to be jailbroken in order to save blobs.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolKarlen View Post
    I was stuck in recovery mode and had no choice but to update
    if you reset your iphone, or use tinyumbrealla, you can boot from recovery mode.

must be plugged into itunes btw