Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it even possible??

Default Is it even possible??
    Hi guys, this is my first post on here (I finally registered). And basically here's my story...
    A few days ago I purchased a couple 3gS' for my wife and my self to jailbreak and unlock for Tmobile (just as I did for my current phone, the 2g). They are both 4.0.1 and one has the old bootrom and the other has the new one. I have been working on these things for the past few days straight to try and get some sort of progress, but to no such luck. I have tried multiples of the two ways I could see possible, one being, jailbreaking 4.0.1, and the other dowgrading to 3.1.3 and trying to jailbreak. But so far, I haven't been able to do a thing. Leading me to believe that IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. So what i'm looking for here is anyone's help to get this done, or confirm my suspicion that it's impossible.

Thanks a lot guys
    Chris

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sledneck800r View Post
    Hi guys, this is my first post on here (I finally registered). And basically here's my story...
    A few days ago I purchased a couple 3gS' for my wife and my self to jailbreak and unlock for Tmobile (just as I did for my current phone, the 2g). They are both 4.0.1 and one has the old bootrom and the other has the new one. I have been working on these things for the past few days straight to try and get some sort of progress, but to no such luck. I have tried multiples of the two ways I could see possible, one being, jailbreaking 4.0.1, and the other dowgrading to 3.1.3 and trying to jailbreak. But so far, I haven't been able to do a thing. Leading me to believe that IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. So what i'm looking for here is anyone's help to get this done, or confirm my suspicion that it's impossible.

Thanks a lot guys
    Chris
    You need shsh blogs to downgrade, you can check if your Iphone has shsh on file with Cydia. If you don't have any then you can downgrade, at the moment, there is no jailbreak at 4.0 or 4.0.1
    The link is here :
    The Firmware Umbrella

Well shoot! How can I check to see if it has the SHSH file? And would It, considering I Just got it?
    The only phone that's been unlocked and used on cydia that I have is my 2g running on 3.1.2.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you know the phone has not been jailbroken before, you won't have it. If you suspect it has been jailbroken , then you can try using umbrella to grab it from Cydia, get it?

Yes....
    K thanks

I know how hard it is to get others to wait (even yourself, especially with family breathing down your neck), but the jailbreak for all 4.0/4.0.1 devices should honestly be out within 24 - 48 hours.

That would be incredible! By who though? Dev team? Spirit?