Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g stuck in activate screen

Question iPhone 3g stuck in activate screen
    If you upgraded, but can't activate the phone, you are stuck, so the logical thing to do is go back to the old firmware and wait until it's officially released, but going back is downgrading! That's where you get stuck. So here is an easy and working method to downgrade. If something doesn't work, or I'm wrong about something, please let me know
    I found this over on MacRumors forums. Great thing is I DON'T HAVE A MAC

So I traded my old att Fuze for this Mint condition iPhone only to forget asking which firmware he had on there. Ofcourse when I asked him he said "Uhhh, firmware? I think the newest one", which suspects me to believe it's the 4.0. Problem is that I wanted to jailbreak it and play around with it.

I've already jailbroken the 2g (which was the best to downgrade) and currently use it on t-mobile. I Don't have ATT anymore so hence I'm not trying to activate thru them.

So I tried the same process and got stuck in an error 1015 but was able to get out of that using a method I found on google.

So now I'm looking for some good pointers on how to downgrade to jailbreak a OS 4.0 iphone, without it ever being jailbroken or activated?

Haha, thanks.
    Last edited by Sick Nasty; 2010-07-22 at 04:34 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

Sick Nasty (2010-07-20)

iOS 4 cannot be downgraded can it? I've been reading that it's flakey on a 3g. But 4.0 and jailbroken is better than non-activated and stuck.

Thanks for that link.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can downgrade to any version of 3.xx on a 3g. But if you uncheck the user wallpaper and the multitasking you should be good on ios 4.

it didn't work. It did everything and got to the final stage where it said "downloading jailbreak data" then it stayed on that for about 5min. It reboot but didn't jailbreak. I guess maybe it has the 4.0.1?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hmm I'd guess you are probably on 3.1.3 then..

Try pwnage tool if you have a mac. Run it in expert mode to "hacktivate" your phone.

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with PwnageTool 3.1.5 | Redmond Pie

or sn0wbreeze if you are on a pc.

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 with Sn0wbreeze | Redmond Pie

Or if you know anyone with AT&T. If you could borrow their sim card for less than 5 minutes you can get the phone activated and get a little more info about the phone and if it is on 3.1.3 you can use Spirit to jb it, which is SUPER easy.

What would cause my iphone not to downgrade? The new bootloader?

I used to get error 3194, now I get error 1016. All the fixes I googled don't even work. I guess I'm going to have to get an att user that trust me. LOL that's going to be kind of hard.

Okay, turns out I have two att sim cards laying around.
    I have FW 3.1.3 and ugly baseband 5.13.04

quick question.

I googled this "can you jailbreak iphone fw 3.1.3 baseband 5.13.04" and from what I read I can ONLY if it had been jailbroken before upgrading to 3.1.3? Is this a true statement?
    Last edited by Sick Nasty; 2010-07-22 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can use spirit to jailbreak and then use ultrasn0w to unlock.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

Sick Nasty (2010-07-22)

use spirit, ipsw 3.1.2, that will sove the problem it happen to me yesterday with frustration but u need to be patient you cant run with itunes either.hope thi wi;; help

Oh I already took care of the bugger. Wife is loving it. I had jailbroken a hand-me down 2g for t-mo and it was pretty beat. Now I'm going to install iDroid on the 2g. I turned off the 3g on the new one.

First I'm playing with this HD2 Win/Droid hybrid.
    Last edited by Sick Nasty; 2010-07-23 at 06:04 AM. Reason: spelling