Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOW TO] Check if you have SHSH blobs saved

Default [HOW TO] Check if you have SHSH blobs saved
    So... I couldn't remember doing this and i couldn't find anywhere which told me how to check.

Here it is....

**1. Download Tiny Umbrella

**2. Find your ECID number

2.1 Put you phone in recovery mode
    2.2 Download USBView
    2.3 Run it
    2.4 Scroll down till you see *Apple Recovery (iBoot) USB drive* in the left pane, and then click on it.
    2.5 On the right you will find some text, look for ECID, it's on about the 15th line for me, and across to the right a bit.

**3. In tiny umbrella, click on the advanced box for more options

**4. Enter your ECID, and enter the firmware you are checking for. For example if you want to see if you have blobs for 3.1.3 on 3gs, find that in the drop down.

**5. Now click on 'get SHSH' or a similarly worded button top left. It will take a little while, but it comes up with text in the box saying that "successfully downloaded SHSH blobs from Cydia, this mean that you DO have blobs saved". You will get message with red text saying if you do not as well.

Hope this helps in the big decision to downgrade!
    Last edited by alex_coningham; 2010-07-21 at 01:01 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alex_coningham For This Useful Post:

kaepora (2010-07-20)

Thanks for this! Cydia has been saying I have blobs for 3.1.2 but I'm pretty sure I don't - although the phone could be a refurb. Will use this tonight so I can check for sure!

Thanks.

Thanks for this guide. I used this to troubleshoot why I could not downgrade from 4.0.1 to 3.1.3.

I could have sworn that I had selected the "Make my life easier" option on Cydia and it confirmed I had saved 3.1.3 SHSH's but after doing this test it revealed that Cydia did not have them

Is there any reason why this might be so? My steps:

- started with 3.1.3 3gs
    - JB with Spirit
    - Looked around Cydia and came across that "Make my life easier" and of course used it
    - Tried to upgrade to 4.0 using some dodgy method I found online that did not work grrrr.
    - In my tired state I stupidly thought I had to let iTunes restore to the latest version (4.0.1)

Now I'm fcked. I need to take my phone overseas on Saturday and wanted to use other SIMs but it's locked to Telstra (Aus)

How do you exit recovery mode?

in TinyUmbrella hit "Kick device out of recovery"

hi i have iphone 3gs OS4.0 unlok or un jailbrack, but i need to retrieve my SHSH , i use the same way but it retun my SHSH as Ipod 2g 3.1.2 why!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yanman View Post
    Thanks for this guide. I used this to troubleshoot why I could not downgrade from 4.0.1 to 3.1.3.

I could have sworn that I had selected the "Make my life easier" option on Cydia and it confirmed I had saved 3.1.3 SHSH's but after doing this test it revealed that Cydia did not have them

Is there any reason why this might be so? My steps:

- started with 3.1.3 3gs
    - JB with Spirit
    - Looked around Cydia and came across that "Make my life easier" and of course used it
    - Tried to upgrade to 4.0 using some dodgy method I found online that did not work grrrr.
    - In my tired state I stupidly thought I had to let iTunes restore to the latest version (4.0.1)

Now I'm fcked. I need to take my phone overseas on Saturday and wanted to use other SIMs but it's locked to Telstra (Aus)
    you can still downgrade if you have blobs.... just have to point your itunes to Saurik's servers. If you are having trouble following the standard downgrading destructions, PM me with your steps ill try help out.

How do you exit recovery mode?
    Alternatively you can reset your device (hold both buttons for 10 secs).

hi i have iphone 3gs OS4.0 unlok or un jailbrack, but i need to retrieve my SHSH , i use the same way but it retun my SHSH as Ipod 2g 3.1.2 why!!!!
    Have you selected the correct firmware in umbrella to look for (making sure not only to select the firmware number, but also the handset make eg 3gs 3.1.3 7E18)? If so, i'm not sure, bizzare..... may need its own thread

hi reagred my SHSH i trid alot but still got me IPOD!!!!

Whenever I try to download USB View and run it it just shows a bunch of weird letters...

no need to use usb view. download current version of tinyumbrella and simply connect your phone. and press Save My Shsh. dont forget to read text in result windows

this post helped alot for me fixing mine back to 4.0.1 and backing up my SHSH again

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

There should be an easier method to check if you have shsh blobs on Cydia instead putting phone in recovery mode.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tangbunna View Post
    no need to use usb view. download current version of tinyumbrella and simply connect your phone. and press Save My Shsh. dont forget to read text in result windows
    Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    There should be an easier method to check if you have shsh blobs on Cydia instead putting phone in recovery mode.
    as tangbunna has said no need to put in recovery using the newest version of tinyumbrella

Hi, I have an iphone 3gs on ios 4.1 baseband 5.14.02. I have saved my shsh blobs on tiny umbrella and they show up in the screen as saved from version 3.1.3 to 4.0.2. and when i start tiny umbrella i get the message
    'cannot start tss service, do not try restoring your device. .etc/hosts is not writable'.

I would like to try and downgrade to 4.0.1 so I can unlock my phone to use my other sim card.

Could anyone please help me with some advice?
    thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by driveby View Post
    Hi, I have an iphone 3gs on ios 4.1 baseband 5.14.02. I have saved my shsh blobs on tiny umbrella and they show up in the screen as saved from version 3.1.3 to 4.0.2. and when i start tiny umbrella i get the message
    'cannot start tss service, do not try restoring your device. .etc/hosts is not writable'.

I would like to try and downgrade to 4.0.1 so I can unlock my phone to use my other sim card.

Could anyone please help me with some advice?
    thanks
    Downgrading your firmware will not unlock your iphone. Don't bother doing it, just wasting your time. Wait for a new unlock.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

driveby (2010-11-27), NSKtoolmaker (2010-11-26)

ok thanks for your reply, how will i do that when it happens? is it the one that everyone is expecting this sunday, the 5.14.02 unlock?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

Whatz the deal with Tiny Umbrella v4.1.21? I own an iphone 3GS 4.1 5.14.XX and the previous versions of Tiny they used to backup only one SHSH, some 60kb. Now version 4.1.21 it saves 3 SHSH's. In the saved SHSHs it displays SAVED SHSHs for XXXX iphone:
    iphone 3GS 4.1 (XXXXX)
    iphone 3GS 4.2.1 (XXXXX)
    iphone 3GS 4.2b3 (XXXXXXX)
    When there is one iphone 3GS connected with fw 4.1 and bb.5.14.02-6.4_M3S2!
    Could someone pls enlighten me & make me wiser?

Thanx

Thanks, does that explain why I get the 'cannot start tss service' message? I just want to make sure I stay on the baseband I am on now 5.14.02 and have my shsh blobs saved. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by agmi View Post
    Hi Guys,

Whatz the deal with Tiny Umbrella v4.1.21? I own an iphone 3GS 4.1 5.14.XX and the previous versions of Tiny they used to backup only one SHSH, some 60kb. Now version 4.1.21 it saves 3 SHSH's. In the saved SHSHs it displays SAVED SHSHs for XXXX iphone:
    iphone 3GS 4.1 (XXXXX)
    iphone 3GS 4.2.1 (XXXXX)
    iphone 3GS 4.2b3 (XXXXXXX)
    When there is one iphone 3GS connected with fw 4.1 and bb.5.14.02-6.4_M3S2!
    Could someone pls enlighten me & make me wiser?

Thanx
    It is just saving all available SHSH for your iPhone. When new firmwares come out it will save them too when you press save SHSH.

Quote Originally Posted by driveby View Post
    Thanks, does that explain why I get the 'cannot start tss service' message? I just want to make sure I stay on the baseband I am on now 5.14.02 and have my shsh blobs saved. Thanks
    That error means you either have some process running on port 80 or you are not running tiny umbrella as administrator. It needs admin rights to be able to edit your hosts file.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-11-27 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

agmi (2010-11-27)