Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me on a new iPhone 3GS downgrading

Default Help me on a new iPhone 3GS downgrading
    Hey you guys. I just purchased iPhone 3gs. I am stuck at it because I need it to work with t-mobile, but I can't because its the new bootware. Can anyone help me step by step on how to do it? I am a noob and don't know anything. I tried looking it up, but it just gets bad because I don't understand it. I tried to downgrade it, but i got error 3194. I use tiny umbrella and downgrade it again and it didn't work. Now i tried to set it to 4.0, but it won't work, so im at 4.0.1. Is there any way I can downgrade it to 3.1.2 and then unlock/jailbreak it.

I need like step by step on all of those that are newbs friendly. anyone with any guide to help? =) Thank you in advance.

Hey pheonixz,

To be honest, loads of people did NOT know including myself, but after research and reading a lot of articles and other peoples problems, i got the hang of it and now i understand somewhat most of the process for downgrading and how apple works with signing firmware files.

Basically, if your on 4.0.1, you used tiny umbrella, all that will do is allow you to restore to 4.0.1 when a newer update is out. So the SHSH blobs (The file tiny umbrella creates for you) is only useful AFTER apple release a new firmware update (4.1) out in September. That file is useful for if Apple have a baseband update (Which no doubt they will) so the current unlock which the Dev Team are working on now will NOT work.

The only thing to do now as your on 4.0.1, is to wait for the upcoming Comex release JB Spirit which will work on ALL 4.X.X firmware on all iphone including 3GS on new Bootrom.

Hope that answers your Questions.

Many Thanks,

Michael

3. The Following User Says Thank You to owen243 For This Useful Post:

Mac19124 (2010-07-20)

Have you ever saved your SHSH blobs files before ?

If not you can't. and welcome

I am stuck too :P

please welcome to follow @COMEX and @MuscleNerd , @Plenetbeing on twitter to Jailbreak your device. Like Michael said.
    Last edited by nuieskater; 2010-07-19 at 09:37 PM.

No i have never saved it before. I just got the iphone like on the weekend. =(

Ohh I see. So that means I can't downgrade anymore then? =(

Then I won't have a phone till then. LOL =(
    Last edited by pheonixz; 2010-07-19 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh sound bad. But I AM HERE WITH YOU BRO!!!!! lol

They say its being released this week ! So play with your Ipos for the moment :P

Michael

Don't feel bad to yourself, you're not alone. I get stuck with new 3gs with firmware 4.0 too, all just wait for new tool.