Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: trying to downgrade

Default trying to downgrade
    hi all im new to the jailbreaking and when i tryed to jailbreak my phone i forgot to save my shsh so i had to restor my phone to the original os but while doing that itunes actually updated my iphone to 4.0.1 . I tried to go into the itunes file and find my 4.0 os but its not there . So my question is what can i do? i have downloaded the 3.1.3 os and i have it but when i try to restor my phone with it i get error 3194 . Am i stuck to wait until somoene finds a jailbreak for the 4.0.1 or is it possible to get someone eles 4.0 or 3.1.3 and actually restor it on my iphone ?

thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There's no way to get the files now so you'll need to wait until a new jailbreak is released.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

numa19 (2010-07-17)

damn does anyone know an ETA on the new jailbreak
    and this is 4.0.1 so im guessing it will be a while

numa 19

i just bought a 3gs 16g yesterday with 4.0.1 on it. im a total noob to iphone hacking. after reading this forum and googling like mofo all night,

i think its been said over and over that if you dont have the shsh blob from before it was updated to 4.0/4.0.1, we are SOL until

a new release is offered that jb 4.0/4.0.1

i think you, myself , and countless others are in the same lifeboat...

for me, i really dont care for jb, but i need unlock sim for tmoble in us..

hope that helps

yea now i know im screwed until a new jb comes out thanks for your info everyone .. i justhope they figure osmething out soon