Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g Recovery Mode Stuck

Default Iphone 3g Recovery Mode Stuck
    Hey All, I just downgraded my iphone 3G to 3.1.3 from 4.0. So far the process has worked great. The last hurdle I have is that the phone is stuck in recovery mode. I am using a 64bit Windows 7 machine and that is all I have. I tried recboot but could not find the right combination of files and DLL to load to be successful. Does anyone have a step by step process for using this or another tool to make this work?

Thanks Much!

Chris

Have you tried holding down the home and power button at the same time?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I tried for hours with this same issue.

I downloaded and installed the net 4 framework, all the lisbub.dll's I could find, tried SSH'ing.

I finally gave up, my jb is working pretty well on os4, and it is only a matter of time before all the bugs are worked out.

Next time I won't upgrade so quickly though.

One word of caution, at the moment if you are jb on os4, stay away from the FCSB and five icon dock apps, they will not work at the moment. Your phone will boot in safe mode, and if you don't uninstall correctly you will have to re-jb.

Yes I tried holding down the buttons. This is NOT a JB phone. Anyone have any other ideas? I am without a phone right now.

try RecBoot UPDATED: The Final Release of RecBoot

It kicks your phone into and out of recovery mode

tiny umbrella does the same thing

i had the same problem this morning (being stuck in recovery) after trying to downgrade from ios4. what i ended up doing was restoring to 3.1.3 via itunes, and then using redsn0w 0.9.2 to restore (with 3.1.2) with a jailbreak. even though redsnow uses the 3.1.2 FW, my iphone reflects 3.1.3 so i think it worked out