Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSH Blobs

Default SHSH Blobs
    I bought my iPhone 3GS 32GB second hand already jailbroken and unlocked on 3.1.2 just as 3.1.3 was released.

I knew I had to not upgrade but didn't know anything about SHSH blobs. So when my iPhone crashed and I had to do a restore to 3.1.3 I started reading up and did a custom restore to 3.1.3. Unlocked again and I was happy again.

I noticed in Cydia it said that 3.1.3 SHSH were on file now, despite me not doing anything to store them - so the previous owner had done "make my life easier" - I've never seen this option. So should 3.1.2 not be available too since the previous owner must have done make my life easier when 3.1.2 was out or earlier?

Finally, I decided to go to iOS 4.0 and sucessfully JB and unlocked that and used tiny umbrella to store SHSH on the server. Tiny umbrella advises only OS 4.0 is available and not even 3.1.3.

So basically, I'm a bit confused, Cydia tells me only 3.1.3 (still) and tiny umbrella says 4.0, but I reckon there should be at least 3.1.2 as well?

Any guidance greatly appreciated and sorry to cover old ground.

Download TinyUmbrella version 222 and put in your iPhone's ECID and choose the firmware you want to check the availability in Cydia. If you have 3.1.2 stored in Cydia, it will extract that for you etc etc. No harm trying.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to azraeil For This Useful Post:

eyeRobot (2010-07-13)

this is doing my napper in where on gods green earth do i get Tiny Umbrella there web site wont let mi download it im trying to downgrade my I Phone 3gs on version 4 modem firmware 05.13.04 i have the shsh on file can some one please email me on here as i can never fiend where the post is when i have asked before many thanks if this possable yes or no thwn i wont bother trying

This is the latest version

The Firmware Umbrella: TinyUmbrella - 4.00.54

You can browse the same site to also download version 222.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It is picking up my spare 3G phone as an iPad? Lol.

Well, I got 3.1.3 and 4.0 saved locally and on cydia now The iPhone now states the same, strangely when I click display SHSH in tinyumbrella it doesn't show any.

Got it, Tiny Umbrella states the same. Just got the 2, but it's enough.
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-07-15 at 05:08 PM.