Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: another downgrade from ios4 ??

Default another downgrade from ios4 ??
    I know this topic is being beaten to death, but my head is spinning at all the different answers that I have found, and I am not sure if any of them apply to my exact situation. Plus I have already tried many of them with no luck.

My idiot bf was trying to upgrade his unlocked 3GS from 3.1.2 to ios 4, but he cannot read and downloaded IOS 4 from directly from itunes and installed before modifying the file. I have reset the phone, added the new server host address to the "Host" file, and I have tried several different 3.1.2 restore files, including the one in modmyi. Whenever I go into recovery mode, I always get the 1394 error.

I do not know what a shsh bob is, but whatever files he had on the phone from Cydia on 3.1.2 should be gone by now, and I cannot jailbreak the version of 4.0 that he installed to reinstall Cydia. Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware from 4.0 right now? His modem id was changed to 05-13-04 after he upgraded. There are no older versions of the iphone firmware saved on his computer (other than the ones I have downloaded). Otherwise, he has an $800 ipod touch.

Also, when is someone going to get around to hiring a good lawyer to go after Apple? This cannot possibly be legal to tell consumers who own the phone outright and free of a contract which carrier they must use. Its called a monopoly, and most people who have supported Apple for the last 20 years were doing so in defiance of the Microsoft monopoly. Steve Jobs has finally caught up with Gates on top of the Forbes Scumbag 100.
    Last edited by downinit; 2010-07-11 at 10:32 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to downinit For This Useful Post:

katzpete (2010-07-13)

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Shsh blobs are needed to downgrade to a firmware that apple has stopped signing. Which is what you are trying to do. If you have them saved you would most likely know where they are, be it on cydias sever or on your on computer.

Reading this thread http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html should give you a better understanding of it. It will also explain how to set up a link to cydia as a host sever to attempt and see if you did by some chance have them saved.

From the sounds of it though you will probably have to wait a few weeks till the new jb comes out.

Goodluck
    Last edited by Captinsmooth; 2010-07-14 at 06:26 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Captinsmooth For This Useful Post:

downinit (2010-07-12)

Thanks

You can check for you SHSH files with TinyUmbrella: Save Your iOS 4 SHSH Regardless Of Whether Your iOS Device Is Jailbroken | FSMdotCOM.

If they are saved you can downgrade / jailbreak / unlock.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

downinit (2010-07-12)

[QUOTE=downinit;5337832]I know this topic is being beaten to death, but my head is spinning at all the different answers that I have found, and I am not sure if any of them apply to my exact situation. Plus I have already tried many of them with no luck.

My idiot bf was trying to upgrade his unlocked 3GS from 3.1.2 to ios 4, but he cannot read and downloaded IOS 4 from directly from itunes and installed before modifying the file. I have a

you must really love your bf to call him an idiot. On serious note, if you're hot then I can help you jb and unlock the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by downinit View Post
    Also, when is someone going to get around to hiring a good lawyer to go after Apple? This cannot possibly be legal to tell consumers who own the phone outright and free of a contract which carrier they must use. Its called a monopoly, and most people who have supported Apple for the last 20 years were doing so in defiance of the Microsoft monopoly. Steve Jobs has finally caught up with Gates on top of the Forbes Scumbag 100.
    She may not be physically hot but she definitely has swagger. That qualifies as hot in my book.

Who said it is a girl?