Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saved 3.1.3 shsh, but can't downgrade

Default Saved 3.1.3 shsh, but can't downgrade
    I have got my 3.1.3 shsh stored, but I still can't downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3

I have tried just about every method there is, what am I doing wrong? On iTunes I keep getting the error (3194) or (3094)

Please Help!

did you save shsh with tinyumbrella?

Quote Originally Posted by silkshocker View Post
    did you save shsh with tinyumbrella?
    I saved it with umbrella version 222 but I got my EDIC from the latest tinyumbrella

I've tried it all believe me lol

Have a look see at this thread. I managed to downgrade to 3.1.2 (it'll be the same steps for 3.1.3 anyway). See post #16

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...missing-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by azraeil View Post
    Have a look see at this thread. I managed to downgrade to 3.1.2 (it'll be the same steps for 3.1.3 anyway). See post #16

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...missing-2.html
    I have been working with your guide too still nothing, but it doesn't hurt to try again. How do I disable port 80? Do I config my router?

Thanks

Umbrella says you have 3.1.3 SHSH files stored?

Quote Originally Posted by RayZLAL View Post
    I saved it with umbrella version 222 but I got my EDIC from the latest tinyumbrella

I've tried it all believe me lol
    you should read my thread about downgrading 3gs. You should check the 'host' file and make sure it doesn't have a tinyumbrella file there. If everything looks good then just close out itunes using control+alt+delete and reopen itunes again. You have to do that more than once. Just check out my thread below. I had the same error.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RayZLAL View Post
    I have been working with your guide too still nothing, but it doesn't hurt to try again. How do I disable port 80? Do I config my router?
    No it has nothing to do with your router. You have to have admin rights on your computer. If you are admin then port 80 is already open.
    Last edited by Captinsmooth; 2010-07-11 at 09:00 PM.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Default iPhone on 3.1.3 Jailbroke/Unlocked!!!
    IT WORKED GUYS THX FOR YOUR HELP. But in my situation PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOLLOW THIS GUIDE BELOW WHICH WORKED!!! 100%

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_one View Post
    I just downgrade my 3gs from 4.0 to 3.1.3, jailbreak and downgrade on windows 7

PLEASE READ THROUGH FIRST BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS

What you need

Itunes 9.1 Old Version of iTunes Download - Old Version of iTunes Download - OldApps.com
    Blackrain blackweather
    Spirit Spirit
    SHSH for 3.1.3 on sarik server
    All you need is 2 computers if possible
    1 with itunes 9.2 and the other with itunes 9.1

Go To notepad in start menu
    Right click on notepad and run as administrator
    Go to file and click open and go to
    C:windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts
    and type in at bottom

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

then restart computer, for some reason this doesn't work without restart.

Now put iphone into DFU mode, turn phone off then hold power and home button together for 10 sec, then release power button while connected to itunes, Shift + restore and go to your copy of 3.1.3 firmware and restore.

It will go through the restore and give you 1015 error, ignore this and close itunes down. Your phone should have itunes connection on screen.

Now put blackrain into Crograms files(X86)/Common files/Apple/Apple Application Support
    And change compatibility to run on windows XP.

Then run blackrain from there, it will recognize the phone and start running just leave it running, go have a coffee or something, for approximately 20 mins. This will NOT jailbreak, just used to reboot phone.

Disconnect phone, power off then power on and it should start up but will be unactivated.

You will have to set up new phone, as any saved backups won't be able to be used.

If you want to jailbreak you need to use itunes 9.1 and Spirit.
    For this it is better to have it on another computer, or go through all the pain of uninstalling itunes completely.
    I mean all of the extra addons that itunes installs and you also have to do registry clean, otherwise spirit won't work.

This worked for me, but i don't guarantee that it will work for everyone.

Lots of luck

ALL CREDIT GOES TO
    ultimate_one

Sweet! Congrats on managing to downgrade